Sign in to follow this  
Guest aaflyboy27

Adding an airport to the FMC

Guest aaflyboy27

I built my own private airport complete with VOR and ILS. I want to know how I could add it to the NAV Data so that it would be active on the FMS?

Guest Phoenix5

Hello,First up please sign your name, as per the forum guidelines.To add the airport, open pssapt.dat with notepad, then add your airport in the following format. (You will need to convert the lat/lon to decimal values)ICAO XX.xxxxxx -YY.yyyyyy ZZZ ;Airport NameICAO = ICAO code for your airportXX.xxxxxx = Latitude in decimal formatYY.yyyyyy = Longitude in decimal formatZZZ = Airport elevationAirport Name = the name of your Airport You will also need the runways to pssrwy.datThe format is: ICAO 09 XX.xxxxxx -YY.yyyyyy ZZZ vvvvvICAO 27 XX.xxxxxx -YY.yyyyyy ZZZ vvvvvICAO = ICAO code for your airportXX.xxxxxx = Latitude in decimal formatYY.yyyyyy = Longitude in decimal formatZZZ = Runway headingvvvvv = runway lengthYou will also need to add the VOR to pssvor.dat using the same formats.

Guest aaflyboy27

Thanks, I did all you said it it still will not reconize the airport. The FMS still tells me " not in data base " What am I doing wrong??? Here is my dataAPT0JER 46.813098 -89.510985 633 ;Northrup EstateRWY0JER 36 46.808093 -89.507653 360 03047 110.70 3600JER 18 46.835276 -89.507665 180 03047 109.70 180where 03047 is 10,000 feet converted to meters (correct???)VORJER 46.820179 -89.508656 117.70 ;JeremyI went in to:C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9PSSNavDataJeremy Hoveland

Guest Phoenix5

I will have a look today, and see I can get it to show.

Guest Phoenix5

I added the information from your post to my NAV data files and all displayed correctly.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/168396.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/168397.jpgYou can see in the attached screenshots that I have planned KMDW - OJER, and the FIX page displays the JER VORMake sure that you have placed the information into the files in alphabetical order, and with the runways in correct order, 18 then 36. Also make sure all names are in CAPITAL letters.Let me know if you need further help, or email me at the support email address.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.