Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix5

757 Interesting Findings and Questions

Guest Phoenix5

Hi,Thanks for comments and findings I will pass this along.As to the progress of the new FDE, I will let you know when I get something more concrete than "it is in progress".

Guest Phoenix5

Brian,Your little smile at the end of your post does nothing to hide the insult that you have posted here.PSS has NEVER used any other companies product or component in its product without a legal license agreement in place, for example the weather radar.For your information there is also a set number of values for most components of the FDE, these being 0,1 or 2 and taking into account that the command has to be the same in all aircraft, is it that strange to see that both FDE's have the same values to open doors etc. You will notice that they differ significantly in areas where individual tuning can produce different results, as in braking strength, flap drag and the such. They have similar comments, but not identical.

For your information, I have tried a merge with the Project Opensky 757 FDE, but the A/T does not work!Regards,Ghiom

Hello, PSS fansI have flown several flights recently with the 757 PSS V2.1.1) I tested the 757 with the 777LR FDE .air file. I used the 757 aircarft.cfgI noticed that de-rated climbs work! When I press CLB 1/2, the EPR limit changes, which is not the case with the 757 .air file.Unfortunately, the merge is not viable.At least, I have the indication that the de-rated climbs do not work with the 757 package, which explains the rocket type climbs, even when selecting de-rated modes.2) Rudder useI noticed that during crosswing landing, close to flare, when I use the rudder, instead of making the aircraft "crab", it makes it slides to the opposite side. Let us say I am landing to Rwy 36. Wind is coming from 20. I need to move the rudder to the right and face 360+5 = 05 heading. The AC does that, but a the same time, it slides towards heading 350.I did not notice that on other addons. It is the same bahaviour with the 777.I have the Yaw damper on. Does it influence?3) A/P toleranceIs it possible to tune the A/P settings so that the V/S reduces slightly (say 800ft/min) before reaching the target Altitude?Hope to get a revised FDE soon.Can you advise on the progress?Thank you and regardsGhiom Viguie

Well, I let Warren Daniel decide...You're honestly gonna tell me, just as one example of many, that both Rob and Warren made this comment:// Only alternate gear points now used for proper aircraft feel.In the same exact place, using the same exact words, spacing, etc. ?The PW freighter, another great example, as ya forgot to remove to Opensky contact points as you'd done with the rest, which is why the autbrakes didn't work, etc. I suppose you'll tell me that most of those numbers being the same to the third decimal place is just coincidence too...Finally, and most interesting of all, each and every .cfg section is in exactly the same order...pitot static in the beginning finishing up with lights at the end, with everything in between all in the exact....same....order...another amazing coincidence...You don't have to take my word for it, anyone with eyes can see...Keep deleting my posts and I'll just ask the questions elsewhere, it's really your call....

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest Phoenix5

Brian,We are investigating the claims you have made here. These are serious claims and I would appreciate it if you could email me directly to discuss this further in private as this involves third parties and not just PSS staff.Please use the support email address.

Steven,After everything PSS has done to just tick me off in the past year or so, my posting here and not elsewhere is as much courtesy as you're gonna get, sorry, nothing personal towards you in particular.I actually first saw this awhile ago, but as you all were approaching a patch release, I held my tounge...Well after a meaningless patch, and yet another thread full of posts but empty of answers...well, you get the idea...I'll be looking forward to any explanations, but that's about as far as my involvement will go, and if it takes PSS down, well, we could stand to lose some of the dead weight in this community...so good riddance... I honestly do not care any more what happens with you...other than as a spectator...

Regards,

Brian Doney