Sign in to follow this  
Guest ivanjay

757 Autopilot Issues

Guest ivanjay

Hi all,I am trying my first flight so maybe I am not doing something right. I took off, everything very smooth. I tried to engage the autopilot, it will not engage.Furthermore I looked at the gauges and instead of showing a heading TRK is shown in yellow. There is also no magenta line showing my flight plan.Any ideas?

Guest Ruahrc

Re: the TRK vs Heading thing, it is an option in the setup menu, airline options I think to choose.The reason you don't have a magenta line is eithera) you didn't load a flight plan into the CDU, or it was incorrectly loaded:( you did not align the IRS units or did not switch them to NAV before you moved the airplane.Re: the autopilot, did you engage the F/D first? I think you have to first turn on the F/D, then turn on the Autopilot after that.Ruahrc

Guest ivanjay

Thanks for the response.As for the IRS knobs you are right. I did not adjust them...Is there a more thorough checklist or procedures somewhere? The one in the manual is extremely basic and the tutorial flight does not mention those type of steps.I am used to the level of PMDG Level D Tutorials and checklists which are much more helpful...As for the autopilot, I did have the Flight Director engaged. Do you think the IRS selectors could have something to do with that?

Guest Ruahrc

I suspect that if you have the Level D 767, you can probably use the same checklist for the 757 too as their cockpits are nearly identical. I don't have the LVD plane though so I can't tell for sure.If you are familiar with the basic operation of a modern airilner, however, you could really adapt any checklist you find to the 757 pretty easily.Ruahrc

Guest ivanjay

That fixed it. It was the IRS knobs. I did just pull out my level d 767 checklist and go through that...

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.