Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Question on 757 Generators

I have my aircraft set to the Engine off setting. After I start the APU and start the engines I can not seem to get rid of the R/L GEN OFF, R/L GEN DRIVE warnings to go away I can not figure out why these on the over head will not turn off. Also the NO LAND 3 is illuminated. Can anyone shed some light here? Maybe I am doing somthing wrong prior to startup.

Hi You should be able to turn on the L&R Generators after the engine start bt selecting the Left Gen Con & Right Gen Con just about the apu start up switch. If these don't work it could be you haven't saved the flight exactly as described in this help topic http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=19419&page=With regards to the Autoland warning you will need to align the IRS by switching them individually to align, then they flash to Nav (the time for alignment can be set via the setup panel)After this you need to go to the cdu Index and position page and using line select right 5 take your current position and put it in line select 6 right, the Autoland warning will then clear as the aircraft position is now set. Good luck Steve

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.