Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sharky1562

B757 Major Problem

Guest Sharky1562

Hi , I have recently purchased the B757, and have had major problems.The aircraft installed fine,I have loaded the default flight as instructed,then loaded the B757,the aircraft loads okay and everything seems to be up and running, so I go into setups to select cold and dark, save the flight and exit FS9.When I next load the B757, it does not start in cold and dark, the panel switcher now is missing and has to be selected from views menu, the IRS panel keypad does`nt work(not sure it ever did,even on first launch of B757), when I switch off/on IRS "ON DC" always illuminates(indicating AC power failure) and obviously align flashes cause there is no PP loaded due to keypad inop.This is all with the engines running and both generators online, even does it with APU generator working.Now if I start the B757 from create flight rather than my saved flight it starts up initially with power on, ADI and MFD have some symbology on them but no "background" ie map or sky/ground,could this be because the irs is not working, dont know, anyway when go to the OVH panel everything is dark,cant even apply GND PWR from setup screen , says its done it but no "AVAIL" light on OVH panel , cant even switch on battery. Sorry about the length of this but its the only way to explain my situation.I have followed suggested actions from PSS support sticky on this site, ieFSUIPC is V3.73(doesnt work with 3.70 either)Never had FSX installedUninstalled NET framework 1.1Windows is up to dateLoaded B757 in indicated order from default flight and savedClosed other programs with enditallHave completely uninstalled and reinstalledSo Im disappointed to say the least, after spending

Guest Phoenix5

Hello Dale,I am sure we can help you through your issues.The IRS issue: you will need to align the IRS by switching them individually to align, then they flash to Nav (the time for alignment can be set via the setup panel)After this you need to go to the cdu Index and position page and using line select right 5 take your current position and put it in line select 6 right.Following on from loading the aircraft as set out in the FAQ... after the PSS aircraft is loaded you can set it to whatever state you want (cold and dark, at your favourite airport etc) and then save the flight giving it a name. This will then be available under myflts (see second picture) Ground Power can only be turned on when parking brakes are set.The issue of panels not appearing or appearing behind the main panels is usually caused by loading the aircraft in a view other than the main 2d view.

Guest Sharky1562

Hi Steven Thanks for the very quick response. Seem to have it working now all except panel switcher which I still have to call up using the instrument panel selection in the views menu, but I can live with that, and as suspected it was ALL my fault lol. Having worked on both military and civilian aircraft I was trying to input PP into IRS manually rather than using the FMC( manually was always quicker )and as for the ground pwr problem , I did not relise parking break had to be set, suppose both these points are in the manuals, but like most people I was in too much of a hurry to get playing with my new toy lol. Lesson def learnt this time, once again thanks for your help.Dale Frew

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.