Sign in to follow this  
Guest FS_freak

help please!!!!

I have a couple of questions:1. I have the usb ch flight yoke. I also have ch rudder pedals, the olderones. I have the working together and that is fine. has been working forabout 3 months now. Now all of a sudden they work fine until up at cruise andthen FS doesn't recognize the yoke or the pedals any more. What is causingthis and how do I fix it? I have the rudder pedals plugged into the old chvirtual pilot pro yoke. Again never had any problems until 3 days ago. I didreset the defaults in the assignments page. 2. How do I install the B33 with all the liveries. I tried to just unzip itto the main fs2002 folder and it does it, but then it does not show up in fs. The folders and files are there in fs2002 under the aircraft folder, but I havenoticed that the sounds, gauges and such folders are in there as well. Itseems to me that these need to go into these main folders. Help?3. I remember awhile back about the improved sounds on disc 3? How do Iinstall these?4. How do I make the AI flyable?5. Where can I get the best airfiles for the default aircraft?Thanks in advance for those that reply. I have just gotten back into fs2002seriously. I had been just doing some flying here and there for RC the past 8months, but now am ready to get into it again. The wife is gone and now thereis no one to tell me to turn the damn thing off. :) Keith

Hi Keith,Sorry, I can't help you with your yoke and pedals.About the second question:If it is correct installed, you must have in your aircraft folder a new folder like B33 (can be another name). In that folder must be at least the subfolders model, panel, sound and texture and the files aircraft.cfg and B33.air (can be another name too). You also named a gauges folder. The contens of this folder must be copied to the gauges folder in the FS2002 folder. Check this out first, because there are a lot of more causes why you don't get it in FS2002.The third:Are there soundfiles on disc 3? Not on my FS2002 Pro CD.The fourth:Do you mean the default MD-83 and Dash-8?You requier another aircraft.cfg and *.air file.I don't know how the old situation was, but I've downloaded it from www.fsfreeware.com.The fifth:You better use the default air files. Or do you mean something else?Hope this will do for the moment. You sounds so desperately.Regards,Cees

I have the same setup as you. Try renaming the fs2002.cfg file to fs2002.old, then restart Flight Simulator. It will recreate a default/basic fs2002.cfg. Then redo your yoke and pedal assignments. Sounds like a screwy .cfg file to me.

Guest FS_freak

Hi there Keith,Maybe I can shed some light on that CH USB yoke - gameport pedal combination you have. I am running the same setup. CH products has come up with a driver set that makes it unnecessary to plug a second joystick into your gameport pedals. The best part is it also activates the toe brakes on the non USB ProPedals within FS2002. Go ahead and look it up on their page. It might even solve your problem with the hardware not being recognized. The file name is chanlg08.exeAs for the installation of an aircraft sometimes when you unzip without the "use folder names" box activated, it just spreads all the subfolders in your main aircraft folder. I suggest you unzip into a temp folder and then move the unzipped aircraft folder to your FS2002aircraft directory. Dont forget to delete all the sound, texture, panel and model folders that are lying in your main FS2002aircraft directory, as well as any aircraft.cfg or *.air files that may be in there. Cheers,Mauricio

Thanks for all the replies!!!!I d/l'ed that ch file and now I don't get rudder pedals without anything plugged into it. Any help on this?Keith

I tried that driver file from CH and never got it to work either. I have had the occasional problem with my CH pedals. All I did to fix it was to: turn off the computer, remove the pedals from the computer, reboot without the pedals, power down, reconnect the pedals. After this they worked fine. I have to do this every once in a while. Not sure why.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest FS_freak

Hey Craig and Keith,I forgot one little detail. You guys have to plug the accesory connector of the analog pedals, into the joystick connector where you originally had a non USB joystick plugged in. After installing the drivers your CH ProPedals should be available on the game devices page of your control panel. Remember, once installed and recognized you have to configure each toe brake axis inside FS2K2. The CH drivers come with a brand new configuring interface where you can set sensitivity for the three axes (rudder, left brake and right brake) using graphic modules. Try it out and get back to me.Mauricio

okay, i cannot get this to work as advertised. I plugged the pedals into the gameport and there is still a connector for the joystick. Where does this go? anything connected to it? Also I do have the freestyle pro with a gameport to usb connector and have it plugged in thru the usb. Can I plug me pedals into this adapter and trick the cpu into thinking htese are usb? still at a lost! sorry! I did get some response once, but it was only the left rudder pedal, no right rudder. Makes it hard to take off in the singles.Keith

Guest FS_freak

Listen good this time Keith *:-* Your analog CH Pro Pedals have a conector that goes straight into the game port of your CPU, right? There are two cables coming out from that connector. The first cable says "joystick" on the "female" port on it's free end and that's where you used to connect your second joystick, right? The second cable has a "male" connector that if I'm not wrong (I am at work), says "accessory" on it. All you have to do is take this male connector on the second cable, and cram it into the joystick female port on the end of the first cable. You will end up with your pedals primary connector plugged into the computer's game port and the two cables that emerge from that connector connected to each other in a perfect loop. After you do that you install the drivers and select the CH Pro Pedals from your control panel game device manager. Then you select properties and calibrate the pedals. It should show you three different axis, one for the rudder and one for each toe brake. Go for it!BTW you must have a heck of a time going through your emergency procedures when an engine fails on takeoff in your real life experience, huh? What airline do you work for? JUST KIDDING!:+ Mauricio

Okay, I listened this time. I am guessing that I have the older pedals then. All I have is the connector that plugs into the gameport and a male connector off of this. So in essence, I have a y-adapter that is connected to the pedals and one end is plugged into the cpu and the other waiting for the joystick. There is not a way to make the loop from the pedals without connecting a joystick to it.The rudder pedals in the real aircraft are attached and functional, now if MS built the plane, then I would worry. But I trust the canadian government to assure that these work! :)Keith

Guest FS_freak

Uh Oh,I didn't know there was another version of the analog pro pedals. However I figure you should be able to get them to work with the new drivers. As a last resource try this: Go to the CH site and download a little program called chdelete. Although I have not used it, I understand it will thoroughly remove your old drivers. After removing the drivers you have to reboot with the pedals connected so Windows detects the new hardware. Route the driver installation for the new harware, to the folder where you unzipped the chanlg8 drivers. Your CH pedals must now show up in the game device manager. From then on all you have to do is configure them. Hope this helps.