Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matthew Reynolds

777 Missing font files??

Guest Matthew Reynolds

Hi Steven, I have reloaded my PSS 777 after getting a new computer with Windows Vista and all the gauges are not active and there is no text in them at all.... You mentioned something about 2 missing font files?? How do I go about retrieving those??Regards,Matthew Reynolds

Guest Knikolaes

Steven, That method works great for XP, but in Vista -- even with UAC turned off and the installer set to run as admin, no physical fonts will install into the fonts directory. Vista security outright prevents it and the user has no control over this. Neither does PSS, though, so don't get me wrong. Basically the user has to have access to the fonts directly and manually install them.

I am having a problem with the 757, if you select the baloo font in ms word, and try typing it swithches back to times new roman, i have tried to delete this font after putting it on the desktop and it says that there is a program running it, there isn't a program running it that I know of. I don't know if there is really a problem i just know that things don't display on the 757 that do on the 777 like when I enable autospoilers, there is not a notification i have to go to the pedestal to make sure they are ready.thanksAnthony

Guest Knikolaes

Oddly enough -- for some reason the fonts installed just fine with the 747 add-on, so my issue is fixed. I must have missed something somewhere, but now I have both add-ons working beautifully in Vistaville.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.