Sign in to follow this  
hontzt

Single digit frame rates

I was wondering what to do here. I'm flying the 757-300 from KSEA to PHOG, I'm getting about 7-10 FPS over the open ocean with scattered clouds. I have the refresh rates set to 4. Here are my specsProcessor 3.2GHz 1.5G Ram 256MB GeForce 7800GS, Windows XP/SP2Todd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

Guest Phoenix5

Hello,Frame ratesEnsure that you do not have the file "dsd_xml_tcas.dll" installed in your modules folder as this file is not required by 757/777 and is known to cause severe FPS problems.The aircraft is generally very frame rate friendly. However, to improve performance on lower spec PC, the following options are available:Open the set up/performance menu and reduce the refresh rates to around 6 and then experiment from there to find the best setting for your machine.Install the reduced VC textures - file "757VCTextures.zip" from the User Edit section of the web site.Re-install the 757 without the VCRebuild your FS9.cfg fileRegards,

>Hello,>>Frame rates>>.......>>Rebuild your FS9.cfg file>Can you please advise how I can rebuild by FS9.cfg file?Many thanks,Brian

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

Guest Phoenix5

Brian,In the C:Documents and SettingsUSERNAMEApplication DataMicrosoftFS9 folder just rename the file FS9.cfg.bak and then start FS9, it will build a new cfg file.

Brian, I have been flying the 757 with exactly the same system - except for an older graphics card. I normally sit at around 20 fps in the cruise {refresh rates at 6+, FS9 sliders in the mid-point}. The only time I see single figures is approaching high density airports such as Gary S latest add-ons. If a rebuilt cfg does not help, I would look at your sliders and add-ons - traffic percentage etc.Good Luck.John Rooum

Thanks guysI am getting frame rates mainly in the low 30s now and up to 60s when at cruise with little scenery detail. This is with hi-res external aircraft textures and low-res VC operating, WLAN, internet and virus protection turned off.I have also noticed that I get lower frame rates if I have had internet running (including Norton Anti-virus) with Outlook and browser in use prior to running FS9. For best frame rates I therefore re-start my laptop without networking or virus protection and run only FS9.However I notice that the frame rates can drop temporarily into single digits or teens when ATC is operating near a busy airport. This is a real nuisance during taxiing, take-off, or landing at large airports. My traffic is set around 50% and sound on low quality. So I have a couple more questions:Is there any benefit in caching specific scenery in the library to reduce this hit on frame rates? Is there any way to reduce the impact of ATC on frame rates (other than reducing the % traffic)?Regards,Brian

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

Guest Phoenix5

Brian,Sorry not much help to you re the on board ATC, as I only fly online with VATSIM, thus all my AI and ATC settings are "0".I do not know if any of the add on ATC products that you can buy would improve the performance, maybe someone who uses these types of programs would like to comment?

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.