Sign in to follow this  
Guest breakingcustom

PSS 757 FMC Airport issue

Guest breakingcustom

When I'm starting a flight I have problems trying to input the Airport ICAO into the FMC. For example, say I wanted to depart from KDFW, I would push the route button, type KDFW into the little squares, and the FMC would give me a message that says "Not in Database". I tried a whole bunch of other airports and it gives me the same message. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Guest Phoenix5

Navdata updates are available from www.planepath.com (freeware) and www.navigraph.com (payware).

You should not need to update the database to input KFDW - I have the original PSS download and KDFW goes in ok.1. I assume that you have first input the present position via the CDU?2. If so, check the PSS Navdata folder - Root FS9/PSS/Navdata. This folder should have 8 files including pssapt.data. Please confirm that this folder is present - we can then investigate further.John Rooum

Guest NormanB

This issue will also occur if you don't have power. Ensure to start with the default flight. Details how to do this are in the FAQ on the PSS website.

Guest breakingcustom

>You should not need to update the database to input KFDW - I>have the original PSS download and KDFW goes in ok.>>1. I assume that you have first input the present position>via the CDU?>>2. If so, check the PSS Navdata folder - Root>FS9/PSS/Navdata. This folder should have 8 files including>pssapt.data. Please confirm that this folder is present - we>can then investigate further.>>John Rooum1. The CDU won't even recognize it in the POS INIT either for the ref airport2. I think that might be the issue. I can't locate Navdata folder in the PSS directory under FS9. Do I need to download these?

Guest breakingcustom

Yes, powered on and off, I am unable to load any type of ICAO into the CDU.

Breakingcustom??Please use you real name - its much easier when you know who you are talking to!You are correct about the navdata. When you downloaded the 757 originally, you would have been asked if you wished to download the navdata as a separate item.You may have missed it so if you reinstall the 757 now you will be able to select the items you need - in your case the Navdata.Good LuckJohn Rooum

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.