Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

Rudder

Hi guysHope the patch is progressing wellIn the meantime, I keep flying so I can tell me, woaw, it will be great one finished.So I noticed that the rudder is active/efficient during landing, only 200ft AGL approx.Is this related to yaw damper or something?Is this normal?This is not very good for crosswing landings.Please advise.RegardsGhiom Viguie

It would seem to me that the yaw damper is still activated during your approaches. I always deactivate both after crossing the middle marker. You will find rudder effectiveness is greater once you deactivate left and right YDs.Joe

Where is the yaw damper switch on the 777?Could not find in the manual, nor by browsing the cockpit views.Thank you.Ghiom

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.