Sign in to follow this  

Project Concorde

Guest lou ross

Downloaded the program: all aircraft are basic white and the manuals and checklists are worthless unless you speak french. lr.:-(

Guest Bigshot

There is a basic Air France 2003 texture in the base pack. You have to download the other liveries separately. As for manuals, I haven't gotten em' yet.

Guest Dominik Mann

The manuals are in French only, too. Anybody know if they're working on an English version as well?Oddly, I found I do understand most of the information in the manual, even though I don't speak French...only Spanish, which may be the reason for this.

Guest Bigshot

I speak four languages. American, Canadian, Australian, and English. Although, I find I'm not to fluent in the Aussie language. :-sun1 :-sun1

hmm, American, Australian, South African (both languages :-lol), British, Canadian, Dutch, Belgian, German, Austrian, Swiss, New Zealandic.And me thinking I knew only 3 languages well :-jumpy :-yellow1

Projet Mach 2 uses a panel based on an old fs00-Panel made by Adnane Bourja. You can find it at flightsim.com. In this package also the panel guidance is contained. Some other information about flying the Concorde can be found in "conopman.zip" by Wassim A.Hammoud.But some of the panel windows are gone:The flight engineer / fuelpanel and the pedastral are not there, perhaps they are in Toulouse visiting the cockpitlight switch of another wellknown EADS panel. ;) Without the fuel panel you can

Hi Carsten,I downloaded the PM2 Concorde package today at work. I have been waiting for somebody to do a Concorde for FS2002 since it is the only thing I still miss from FS2000. So I was very excited to see a professional looking job like this on AVSIM this morning, and freeware to boot!I agree with your comments on this new bird. Like you, I was also surprised to see no engine and fuel control pop-up panel. I used the keyboard shortcuts (E,1 CTRL+SHIFT+F4, then J++++, etc etc) to get her started by hand. It seems like the fuel pumps are on automatic as the CG was out of trim as I started taxiing on my first test flight, but after takeoff the CG was within acceptable limits.I have two major gripes with this package. Well, let's just say that if these following two items could be fixed this would be my new favorite aircraft...1) Immediately after my first takeoff I noticed the aircraft is able to maintain level flight below 250 KIAS at close to zero angle of attack. This felt very unrealistic to me after logging so many hours in the FS2000 Concorde and learning to love maneuvering in its nose-high, low speed flight regime. During high-subsonic cruise the aircraft flew in a nose-down angle of attack. This bothered me so much that I tried pasting in the Model directory from FS2000 but the plane did not function properly with it (no VC, textures missing).and 2) Though I was impressed with the VC, when I set the clock to night time to checkout the night cockpit lighting, I was distressed to see that the VC is completely dark at night!I think this aircraft package has got great potential. I would have posted this rant on the Mach 2 website but my French is very rusty.These are just my preliminary impressions. Can't comment on much else like fuel consumption, etc because so far my first two test flights have only been short hops.Anyway, got to go. The wife is making fun of me. ;-)

Guest Boone

I think it is an awesome package and a beautiful piece of work. I find it hard to believe there is no means of controlling the fuel flow. Surely there are key strokes we can use to move the fuel from the front to the back?Surely the team of developers would have noticed this as there's even a warning in the 2D panel indicating this.Between us all, we'll figure it out and I'll be sure to post as soon as I figure it out.Regards,Boone

This evening I have started to modify the Concorde panel.After 10 minutes a fuel panel and the throttles have been added.As an attachement you can find the new panel.cfg.Installation:First Download the FS00 Concorde panel by Adnane Bourja and copy the overhead.bmp in the Panel folder of the Projet Mach 2 ConcordeSecond: Make a backup of the Projet Mach 2 panel.cfgThird: Copy the attached xxx.txt in the panel folder, rename it to panel.cfg and start the flight simPerhaps if I have the time I will add an ACS-GPS gauge.Take care and use it of your own risk and remember: It