Sign in to follow this  
Guest wpope

B752F P&W Floats 40 feet above runway at start up

Guest wpope

I have been using the PAX versions of the B752F for a while now, and went to use the Freighter version with the P&W and it loads about 40 feet off the ground, and then crashes into the ground, resets the scenario and then crashes into the ground, repeating the vicious cycle until I end the flight.Every other version of the 757 works, the PAX, the 752F with the Rolls Royce even works. I have tried the following to fix:1) Changed scenery, same thing happens no matter where I go (including ramp and runway starts)2) Loaded the flight in the default cessna and then swtiched aircraft to the freighter, same thing happens.3) Slewed right at start up, but it will not let me slew downwards.So I would think there is a problem with the config file, but I do not know enough to fix that... can anyone help with this?Thanks.

Guest Phoenix5

I have not seen or heard of this issue before.I will check with members of the beta team tonight and see if they can reproduce this.

Hi William, I have just finished try to reproduce the error without success. Could you give me more information regarding your set up. Do you have any terrain mesh packages etc. Thanks Steve

Guest wpope

No terrain mesh.I have FS2004 with the PSS757, Active Sky, CS C130, and FS Passengers, other than that I do not have any additional add ons.The only thing I did different was use the PSS Load Configurator, and saved it which I guess changes the aircraft config. I normally have never used this, but I had also never loaded the airacraft before using the load editor so I don't know if it worked before using the load editor either.

Guest wpope

>I have not seen or heard of this issue before.>>I will check with members of the beta team tonight and see if>they can reproduce this.Yeah I don't know how to reproduce it... I can give you whatever information you like about my system, set up, etc. I can send you copies of my config files, etc. It's just weird that it's the one model out of the whole package that doesn't work...

Guest Jacob Lee

I have noticed that there are many problems with the P&W 752F. I fly for UPSVAC and got tired of the problems. Now I fly the RR 752F. There are a few problems with that version, but not as many as with the P&W. Hope a new service pack will fix these problems. Bye the way, I had the same problems with the P&W 752F as described above.-- Jake

Guest Phoenix5

William,Steven and I are having real trouble reproducing this issue.Try running the base installer again, but only select the rebuild config option. This will make sure you have the latest cfg files installed.If this does not work, email your aircraft cfg to me at support.

Guest wpope

Thanks Jake, was starting to think I was going crazy. I just signed up for UPSVAC which prompted me into the 752F/P&W...

Guest wpope

Ok, I will try to find the installer and rebuild the config. I will update you on the progress.

Guest wpope

Thanks Steven, That worked like a champ. All seems good now!R,Bill

Guest Jacob Lee

>Thanks Steven, That worked like a champ. All seems good now!>>R,>>Bill So does this mean that you are no longer having the problems after doing what Steven mentioned? If so, I'll do the same thing. And Bill, maybe I'll see you in the sky one day. -- Jake

Guest wpope

Jake,Correct, after reinstalling to rebuild the aircraft config file, I've gone from a cold dark cockpit on the groud to, and currently at, FL350 with zero problems, in the UPS B752F/PW.Definitely look for me in the skies ;)

Guest Jacob Lee

>Jake,>>Correct, after reinstalling to rebuild the aircraft config>file, I've gone from a cold dark cockpit on the groud to, and>currently at, FL350 with zero problems, in the UPS B752F/PW.>>Definitely look for me in the skies ;) SWEET! Now the only problems with it are the eye-candy (only one elevator goes up or down). But, I can deal with that. Thanks for the help too Steven.-- Jake

Guest Phoenix5

"...Now the only problems with it are the eye-candy (only one elevator goes up or down.."This issue is being addressed now, and will be part of v1.3 update.Sorry I do not have a time frame for the release of v1.3, yet.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.