Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Is it possible to add rain effects to VC and one more question...

it is great to have the weather radar but if you cant see the rain effects on the windshield it leaves you missing a huge part of the experience. How do we add rain effects to the VC of the 777 and 757?Also, now that we got rid of the aural warnings in the 757 how do we do it for the 777?Thanks in advance,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Anyone?-PPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest Phoenix5

Hi,The warning sounds will be removed in the next service patch, as to the rain in the VC, I have no idea on how to do that.

Thanks for the update Steven, that is good to know.As for the rain, I don't know if that has to be modeled in or if it is a line in the aircraft.cfg that needs to be added... Just weird that neither the 777 or the 757 have it but they have animated wipers which are sort of pointless if you don't see rain on the windscreen :-hmmm If one of the guys on the dev team could answer that one for us it would be great.Thanks in advance,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Hey Steven,I think it is something that has to be added to the model. I am really surprised that something like this would not have been added to a payware a/c in todays day and age when it adds so much to the experience in foul weather. I guess there is nothing we can do about it? Any chance of getting this added?Cheers.-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Good day simmers.I have complained on similar notes about this fantastic looking bird.Look up the "So, I finally bought the B777" thread.My complaints have to do with the lack of "immersion factor" by not have reflective windows, with-in the VC. It has been allmost a year since that thread was going, so the official answers from PSS folks, that they did not include reflective windows in VC, do not apply in this day and age (and the argument behind it did not apply in 2006, in my view). I know for a fact, first hand, that the folks at CLS apply' reflective windows to the A340-600, overnight. So it is no big deal to do it. Even PSS have never stated that it were to be a problem, technically. Just that they have a reason not to do it.And the CDU is also acting strangely, I have to go in and out of it if I flip between pages (but that's another issue).Well.........my 777 has been parked for over a year now!! gave up on it after only a few weeks of trying to get her to act as other quality payware a/c's.I have had friendly talks with Norman about these issues, but that was allmost a year ago. So now I am at a loss, as to what is delay'ing the last service pack!!!!!! Have PSS really taken the direction to code this bird for FSX?? that is in it-self plagued with issues! Short staffed?? vacation??................I dont mean to hijack this thread, as your question has a direct relevance to my issues with the PSS T7.Immersion..Immersion..Immersion..Immersion.. that is the reason we are into MSFS and why we buy this product.Golli.

Hey Steven,This post has been here for long enough now that someone on the development team should have an answer for us...Can anyone at PSS please explain why rain effects were not included in a VC released in 2006 and what needs to be done to add them? I can understand an add-on done in 2004 not having them but a high quality payware A/C released in 2006 should definitely have this basic FS9 functionality...Thanks in advance,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest Phoenix5

Simple anwser is frame rates.Reflective windows and other extras like rain on the VC will reduce frame rates, and as this aircraft is already harsh on some users PCs we did not add the reflective windows, as to the VC rain I do not think that was considered at all.I will mention it in tonight's meeting but I know from previous conversations new features are not being added.

Thanks Steven but a lot of FS9 users can now run planes like yours with all settings pinned at any airport without any issues. I get smooth FPS with the 757 and 777 even at ImagineSim KEWR. A lot of the other manufacturers out there get more than acceptable FPS even with the rain effect and reflective windows and have been doing so for years. If not they usually offer the option...Anything you can do to fight for this for us would be really really appreciated.Thanks for the follow up, I appreciate it-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest Phoenix5

>>We are really in the dark with PSS, since many months ago.We have never kept you in the dark, all relevant information is passed on as soon as possible. Comments like this make me feel like turning the PC off and spending time with my family and friends...Anyway for the more patient people in the audience we did discuss the VC rain effect, and we will look at ways of implementing this, but we will not delay any updates or service patches to enable this feature. So the answer is if we can we will, I hope that goes some ways to making a few people happy today.

The more patience people...?OMG...Please, have a look to my customer history with PSS , and then come here and tell me those strange things you said, please.Almost 10 months (since August) with that 757, and a pseudo-patch between, and you talk about patience?Another 777 patch to come (?),without any information about it...You have to understand your customers , Steven ...if I

HEY!!!No Thread hijacking here :) Thanks Steven and I REALLY hope the team can find a way to do it.-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

>Simple anwser is frame rates.>>Reflective windows and other extras like rain on the VC will>reduce frame rates, and as this aircraft is already harsh on>some users PCs we did not add the reflective windows, as to>the VC rain I do not think that was considered at all.>>I will mention it in tonight's meeting but I know from>previous conversations new features are not being added.Basically the same answer I got, one year ago. And I was afraid that PSS would keep this answer in "auto mode".And in my view it did not apply then, and it sure as h*** does not apply now. We as customers KNOW BETTER!!! We know the limits of our PC's. And we know that if our PC's can handle the PMDG 747 at and around a Simflyers/Imaginesim airports, it surely can handle the PSS 777, as it is quite lighter on the PC.When I want to give my workhorses a rest (LDS767 and PMDG747) I look to the XXXxxxx!!! It has the WOW immersive cockpit factor + no negative surprises (and it can handle the 16x simrates as the 747 can).I'm looking forward to this next service pack though, hoping to give the XXXxxx to a friend of mine (an MSFS beginner).Golli.EDIT by MOD: - Steven. As much as I respect your right to express your opinion I can not allow the mention of a direct competition product. - Sorry.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.