Sign in to follow this  
Greg Goodavish

Airac 7-05 and airways

I just downloaded Airac 7-05 from NavData and loaded it in the PSS NavData file. I flew a flight tonight from KLAX to KDEN with the B777 from PSS. When entering the fligtplan in the FMC (LOOP4.DAG J146 HBU.POWDR6), when I tried to enter the airway J146, I got a message saying not in database. I know how to program the FMC (done it hundreds of times), and I have even flown this route before with this aircraft with no problems. I think the info from NavData might not have this airway (haven't tested others). Has anyone else had this problem, or can check it out for me? I don't know how to check the actual NavData files to see what is missing. THanks. My email is ggoodavish@new.rr.com, if you want to contact me privately.

Greg Goodavish

Guest Phoenix5

Hi Greg,As the information is now updated every 28 days from the real world source, it may be that this airways is no longer in use, or as you say Navdata/Navigraph have made a mistake.Have you tried the forums and/or support desk there?

I just sent them an email and I will let you know what I found out. I doubt Airway J146 was decommissioned. That is a very prominent one. The waypoints worked fine, by the way, when I input them individually. So those were in the database. By the way, the 777 is a real pleasure to fly since the service packs. Thanks for your great work!

Greg Goodavish

For what it's worth, J146 is in the AIRAC 7-05 PSS file I downloaded.Jim Harnes

Guest dt1951

I am having the same issue (different routes and waypoints than the one mentioned above). Was wondering if I was the only one. I think I will reload 0704 because that had no problems.

There appear to be some leading 0 differences for J146 fixs in 0704 and 0705. Will post a question at Navigraph support.Edit: Sent an email with a data difference example and asked they post finding/fix in this forum.Jim Harnes

Guest NAVData

Hi Gents,this was a bug in the Revision 1 of the AIRAC 0705. Please download the new revision 2, and you will see, that all airways (ie. J146) are working well ;-)Sorry,Richard

Guest dt1951

Thanks, Richard. I'll downlaod it tonight. Are there any other changes to download besides the PSS? Thanks...

Guest Phoenix5

Thank you Richard.Jim, Thank you for finding the issue.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.