Sign in to follow this  
Guest COA msbrown

Downloading file

Guest COA msbrown

OK I'm going nuts here. I LOVE the PSS 757. Great aircraft. I bought it a couple of months ago. Recenently I formatted my computer with the expected result of losing everything. I went to "My files" on PSS's webpage and downloaded the installer. Every single time I load up the installer it gets to the part where it says "Downloading file" It stops here for about 3 minutes and then pops up a window that says "failed allready". Just like that: misspelled allready. Then it tells me the possible reasons why. "Cannot connect to data server. Please try again later." I've tried for 6 days now so that shouldn't be the problem. The other reason is this: "This is due to a communication error or high bandwidth demands". I'm on a T3 line so that can't be the problem. Any ideas guys? I love this product and want nothing more than to fly it again. -Marc BrownCOA311 VCAIR.com

Guest Phoenix5

try the following Close all firewalls and virus checkers Clear any temp files created by the installIf using winXP make sure you have admin. privileges assignedIn Explorer Tools- Folder Options-OFF-LINE FILES make sure that it is activeAlso if on WinXP make sure you are logged in with administrative privilegesAlso in the IE settings make sure "use proxy server for connection on" is switched off!Also shut down any programs like Norton or System Suites.

Guest COA msbrown

Still nothing. It still stops on "downloading file" then says "failed allready" If it helps I'm running firefox not Internet explorer. But that should affect it since it's an actual installation file. It doesn't connect to IE.

Guest Phoenix5

Hi email me at the support desk, with your details and I will have a closer look for you.

Guest gtsouza

I had a similar problem and after searching in the forum I discovered that netframework 1.0 should be uninstalled.It works for me.You could try this one.Gilson

Guest COA msbrown

Just tried and unsuccessful

can I suggest that the sp3, when it comes, be packaged as an installer, rather than having to download the whole package again.I would even say that for advance users, a zip with all the files to be updated would be good enough.Thank youRegardsGhiom Viguie

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.