Sign in to follow this  
Guest AndrewW

concorde probs anyone?

Guest Kevin P

I have just had another play around tonight. (I won't get a serious chance to experiment til the weekend!) and looked into the fsfrance website for hints. [i can read french fine and speak it ok but my writing is a bit rusty - so I am on one way communication on their website. If anyone wants to translate my queries I would be ever so grateful]With the 'spoilers' deployed you can maintain about 350kts at a descent of 6000fpm which is about correct for 2&3 in idle reverse. The only slight problem is that the aircraft pitches violently up and down when engaging them and disengaging them. I might need to use a slider on my joystick and move it gently!With reference to my previous comment on pitch, I think this may be a fault of the fs2000 gauge. Although it shows about -3 deg in level flight at 350kts, the outside view is about level. I will look into this at the weekend when I shall open her up above mach 1.Overall, a superb visual and flight model. And I also note that the previously missing files have been uploaded. WOW!!!!Regards,Kevin

I find it very hard to maintain straight line down the runway during take-off. The joystick seems way to sensitive, the slightest movement and off the runway I go? Anything I can do to help with this problem?While in flight I selected the outside view. Position behind the aircraft, and I noticed the ruder doing a LOT of movement. Why is that? I don't have this movement with any other aircraft.TNXJim

Guest tcable

I'm still bothered that FS200x does not really implement the correct autopilot modes- max climb, max cruise. In cruise, the thrust levers are at 100% the entire time until decel.I had no issues flying her on a leg from Filton to JFK, cetainly the superconic accelleration over the Bristol Channel went well! pitching up to over 4500fpm under accelleration and climb, I think I hit M1 early, but I started at M.95@29000 feet (best subsonic speed/alt) I'm still off the coast of Canada on my way to the decel point.Tim

McCrash,That could be because it is a 30 year-old aircraft. Glass panels weren't around in the 70's.Check your installation. I have full VC capability although I prefer the "dated" 2D panel.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Eddie,I get this too. The solution - once you have positioned the aircraft - is to slew upwards a few feet and then drop down. The aircraft then stays put.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest AndrewW

Hello Tim, Although the throttles are at the forward stops for the cruise, the engine rating controls the thrust. From Accel up to 50K, climb and flight ratings are selected. On reaching 50K, the FE will select Cruise Rating. This will then control the engines power output in the cruise. In fact - when flying in low ISA's the rating will limit the engines power, as the colder the air, the more power the engine produces. This isn't much of a problem on the New York run. However when flying in the cold upper air temperatures around the Caribbean on the Barbados run, the cruise rating will significantly reduce the engines thrust. The power produced by the engines in temperatures around -70*C is so powerful that when you decelerate the aircraft (which requires the throttles to be brought back to 18 degrees initially) the aircraft has trouble slowing up. You can't reduce the throttles further to 36 degrees until the aircraft hits Mach 1.5 - and with the extra distance required to decelerate to this speed, you'll be looking at a good 220nm's to decelerate into Barbados! Where NY only requires around 160nm. The temperature and winds really do play a big part in how this aircraft flies. A few weeks ago, with very strong head winds and high temperatures on a crossing from London to NY, the aircraft didn't reach 50K until at least 30West! In fact - the flight plan was filled for Bangor (KBGR), not KJFK! However, the FE later calculated that as the winds had changed by 10*, an extra 2.5T would be provided, allowing the flight to continue to NY. I'm working on a panel, which I hope to release later this year with all the correct AFCS modes, engine ratings etc.. Hope this was of some interest! Andrew