Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zane767

How realistic is the T7

Guest Zane767

Hi Poeple,I would like to ask this question to real-life airline pilots, or someone who knows much about the 777.Just a simple question, HOW realistic is PSS Boeing 777-300ER in terms of flight controls, phyics and performance.Don't take this as a dig or anything would just generally like to hear it from the hourses mouth so to speak.

Guest Phoenix5

Is it realistic enough to get you type rating for an airline... no. Is it realistic with in the confinement and limitations of Flight Simulation, very much so.

Guest Zane767

Is it realistic enough to help with a pilot rating. Reason being is say for example I was to go for training as a 777 pilot, and I was to go into the simulator. Now would the performances etc be simular enough for me to be more confident in the real simulator, or would I go 'Wow wasn't expecting it to handle like that'.Just for prefrence..

Zane,This question gets asked about every add-on put on the market. Now, I don't have the PSS 777, so I'm not addressing their product specifically, but the operation of large aircraft in MSFS is often very different from the techniques and procedures used in real life. Most heavy-iron add-ons don't have any provision for crew resource management, and that's where the fidelity breaks down, in my mind. That said, given the limitations of the sim and that individual developers can't incorporate CRM into their add-ons without raising their prices (and lengthening their development timelines) considerably, the lack of CRM support for specific add-ons is an unfair standard of measure.What IS fair is making a judgement based on the systems fidelity--how well the add-on mimics the real thing when reading the real-world checklists and performing real-world flows. If I flip a switch, do I get the same indications in the sim that I would on the real plane? When I select takeoff power, does the add-on accelerate and climb within the expected numbers? More succinctly: Can I operate the add-on using the Real World manual, and if not, how much of the manual must I disregard?My guess is that you're not expecting to go for a type rating in 777s any time soon...if you were, you'd be asking as a pilot with several thousand hours logged, and you'd have long since formed your own opinion of how useful MSFS (and add-ons) can be for developing and maintaining proficiency. Most of us who fly MSFS as a hobby only need to know that an add-on will allow us to suspend our disbelief, imagine ourselves in the cockpit of an aircraft we can hardly ever hope to fly in real life, and perhaps learn something about aviation along the way. Every one of us is different, in that respect...which means that there is no answer to the question of whether or not the PSS 777 will satisfy you as a sim enthusiast and a fan of 777s, except the answer you find on your own, by buying the product and evaluating it yourself.As I said, I don't have the PSS 777, but given the quality of the 757 (for all its flaws, both real and alleged), it's a pretty safe bet that you'll get something out of the 777.And if I'm wrong about the type rating thing, then a) ask your instructor and :( when you graduate, let us know what you think.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Let's put it this way. It is the best 777 available for MSFS, and likely to remain so unless someone is developing one and keeping it very quiet. The "other" 777 has some odd gaps in its systems modelling and a less functional FMC.It has it's limitations (no fly-by-wire being a biggie), but what is provided works well enough. Biggest problem for me is still the engines simulation. Starting behaviour is unrealistic (default MSFS basically), cold weather prevents ignition and the data used for the N1 limits is questionable. Hope the next patch will fix these things.Does it handle like a 777? Not applicable. Don't even think about using any MSFS addon for this!!!Can you use it to practise procedures? No.Is it "representative" of operating a 777? Yes.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest gtsouza

Compare to real, it's far realistic, but to a FS it's prety good!gtsouza

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.