Sign in to follow this  
Guest RossYule

PSS-777 route offset problem

Guest RossYule

HelloI bought the PSS 777 a while ago, its an excellent product but lately I have been having a small problem with it and I cannot find out how to fix the problem. I've installed SP1 and SP2 so as far as I am aware the PSS-777 that I have is currently up to date.My problem is:When flying long haul flights, for example EGLL-KLAX, really well into the flight the HDI will appear off course, when in actual fact (by checking with FSNav) i am flying perfectly down the airway, It is hard to explain so I have provided a screenshot:http://www.madhoosie.plus.com/777-Problem.jpgBy using the heading selector on the MCP I can tell you that it is a whole 17 degree's off course. Looking at the screenshot, even though I seem to be 17 degree's off course, I will still end up overhead GASSI, then the MCP will turn, be 17 degree's off and fly directly to FMG, as shown in the screenshot - even though it appears to be flying the wrong direction it will still appear on route.It is a very strange problem, Im not sure what causes it - but I also know that the MCP is flying the flight correctly because I am checking with FSNav. This has happened a few times only well into a long haul flight - it does not happen on short haul flights.My apologies if this has been posted before.Thanks,Ross

Guest JUJU78

Hi all,I have the same issue with my PSS 777 since 3 days. I don't know how this issue is appears but I tried many time to reinstall the product and the navdata but this don't solve the issue.If you have an idea to solve this issue ? Thank you for your help

Ross,First thought - True/Magnetic??John Rooum

Guest JUJU78

Hi John,If you talk about the swith below the EHSI is in "Normal" position, I tried to change this but I still have the issue.Best RegardsJulien Moreau

Julien Right click on this switch - that will lift the cover. Then left click to change to TRUE as the reference. Then right click again to close the cover.

Guest JUJU78

I tried this but it's do not solve our issue...It's very strange... The aircraft follow the right heading between two points but the EHSI show a wrong track between two points. It's seems that he have a deviation in the CDU information...

JulienWhat happens if you select "ND headin up" in the set up panel "Airline Options"?John Rooum

Guest JUJU78

John, The issue still the same. It's really strange because I made a Flight last Friday (and a lot of flight before this date) without this issue and now I have it for any flight I make with the 777 PSS.I tried many test flight today with different parameters in the PSS setup, new Navdata. I also tried to reinstall completly the aircraft but without success.It's not really a major issue because the aircraft follow the programed route but it's really strange to fly to a direction and to see a different one in the cockpit.Best RegardsJulien MOREAU

Julien,Sorry - those ideas were very much quick ones "off the cuff". Unless someone else comes up with an answer, I try and reproduce the problem tomorrow.Is it particular to one route?RegardsJohn R

Guest JUJU78

John, I'm really enjoyed by your help. thank you very much.The issue is on all route I tried.Best RegardsJulien

Guest JUJU78

Hi all,Nobody have an idea about this issue ? And PSS team ?I'm actually in flight between LFPG and KLAX and I still have the issue.I'm sure that is a minor issue but I really want to find a solution for this.BRJulien MOREAU

Figured I'd add my solution, given I came across this thread when I had the same problem over the last few days.Disable aerocore.dll in your fs9/modules directory (rename it to aerocore.bak).I understand aerocore.dll doesn't do much other than add a menu. It is the dll that adds the aerosoft menu to FS9.That solved the problem for me. Hope it helps the next person.Cheers,Bryn.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

same problem here. Offset starting when flying from north to south from the Vor FLZ in Brazil.Can't find the .dll file Please help

Figured I'd add that, despite my original testing, this didn't solve the problem. It did when I tested it by reloading FS over and over and checking with and without the dll, but I just had the problem again, and I've removed the dll :-(Any other thoughts?Bryn.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

Figured I'd add that, despite my original testing, this didn't solve the problem. It did when I tested it by reloading FS over and over and checking with and without the dll, but I just had the problem again, and I've removed the dll :-(Any other thoughts?Bryn.
I'm having the same issue. This is after a reinstall. It didn't do it before..

BobK

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.