Sign in to follow this  
Guest amsterdamer

Problems establishing ILS at London Gatwick

Guest vrandar

In your default aircraft (the Cessna or whichever one you use) make sure the NAV/GPS switch is set to NAV. If it's set to GPS this could be why you are swinging away as soon as Loc is pressed.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Ken,Look at the first "sticky" at the top of this page. In order to ensure that you are loading the 777 correctly, please load it initially in accordance with para 6.John Rooum

Guest franksalot

Thanks Rob, good point, in my case the Cessna Nav/GPS switch defaults to Nav. I'll check that from now on.KenBAW88

Guest franksalot

Do you want the Bad news or the Good news? - Well there is no Bad news :) Fantastic landing - I recorded the Landing, using Recorder - when I played it back I could been at Heathrow watching a RW B777, even to the nose wheel, it took ages to touch down. "As real as it gets"? I think so!What did I do, just put together everything John mentioned in his advice, read a little more of the PSS B777 Tutorial, seems to have come together.I made a point of re-entering the ILS Frequencies again just before clicking the LOC button, don't know if it helped....but I did it anyway :) Also a good Tip from Rob Elliott re the Cessna NAV/GPS switch.Many thanks for your help John,KenBAW88

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.