Sign in to follow this  
golli

A POLL!! Do you fly long haul in real time or 8x-16x simrates??

Good day simmers and PSS 777 owners.As this bird the Boeing 777 is intended and operated on long haul toutes, do you guys fly these long haul routes in real time or do you use the simrate features in FS9.I personally never "hop the pond" under 8x, usually going in 16x. In the cruise of course ;-) And shift to real time about 200nm before TOD. A few times in the cruise I go to real time, to perform a step climb or something requiring the plane to manouvre correctly.The reason I'm asking is because of the issues PSS777 is having with the simrates. Barely going beyond 4x!! Every time I press the 4x or beyond the plane BANK's hard to either side, ending upside down and loosing altitude and I have to scramble to the "Alt" button to go back to real time. I have tryed with "Clear all weather" and with some weather scheme's enabled. And it does not matter. She allways BANKS's hard!!The two popular competitors: a certain 747 and 767 can do this all very well. The 767 does not go beyond 8x though, but I can live with that for East Coast to Europe and back. I'm not in a place in my life where I can just sit in front of a PC and do these things in real time, meaning that I do have other responsibility's and things to do.I had hoped that PSS had addressed these issues in SP2. But as far as I'm conserned the PSS 777 is a regional airplane!! like the 737 or ATR 72-500.This is an important feature I'd like to be addressed in the upcoming service pack.So I ask again; do you make long hauls in real time or not?????I dont!!Golli.

Guest Phoenix5

There is no need for a poll on this subject.As has been stated before this aircraft was not designed to be flown at accelerated sim rates. It will how ever fly at x4 times speed without major issues.

>There is no need for a poll on this subject.>Are we, the owners of the PSS 777 not your CUSTOMERS??!! How dare you declaring that a poll is not needed on the subject!! "Help us to help you" is a name of a topic in your own forum, posted by PSS. Well that is exactly the intention of this topic.>As has been stated before this aircraft was not designed to be>flown at accelerated sim rates. It will how ever fly at x4>times speed without major issues. And if you think that 4x is sufficcient for long haul...........???People here at Avsim forums have posted topics, about how they made long haul flights in real time, like it was a special event. I knew very well that I'm far from alone in using the advanced sim-rates, before I posted but just wanted to have a firmer data on it.Why do PSS even have a forum spot here?? Is it merely for the PSS cheer-leaders?? I have stated numerously my affection with your product, I just want the remaining bugs ironed out. If you read my post you saw that it does not handle 4X. And that is my second PC for FS9. My older PC had the exact same issues. The 4x problem is not on my end.And again Steven I happen to be an customer of yours.Golli.

Guest diajohn2

Just a bit overboard aren't you. FSX and FS9 allow for flying at 8x and 16x but that does nothing for you. I sometimes speed up to 2x over the pond or spread my flight out over several days. If you don't want to be bothered flying the plane for an extended period then why don't you stick with shorter routes. No-one forces you to go long haul and not want to actually fly it.Thats my opinion and your yelling at the PSS folks is just uncalled for.

I did state that I prefer 16x and 8x. Please read my postings before you critisise me.I'm Overboard!!?? My original post was a general one, stating my reasons for the question.And PSS reply's "there is no need for a poll on this subject" And you think I'm overboard :-hah

I Would not bother with this bird if I thought it was stinker.I have on numerous occations expressed my fondness for the PSS777.1.The flight dynamics are fantastic.2.She looks stunning inside and out.3.After looking at 777 Cockpit photos on A.net I think PSS have NAILED the 3d aspect of the VC ( I only fly from there).4.I think PSS have NAILED the "BIG" engine behaviour (slow spool-up but like rocket once you get it).5.The load utility is fantastic.6.The fuel load and "Shift+8" utility's are a benchmark.7.The audio package (excl. the cockpit sounds) is quite good, contrary to what many here belive.8.Control surfases droop and dont work when the hydraulics are off-line.9.After looking at A.net photos, on 777 take-offs, I think PSS have gotten the Wing-flex just right.10.If I thought the PSS 777 was a stinker I would not have been recommending the PSS 777 to Brian York of FS2Crew, for the past year, for him to come up with a MCC package for it!! (just go over to his forum). I could go on and on, these are just the things I remember from a drop of a hat.The issues I'd like addressed in SP3 are:1.Make her handle up to 16x simrates.2.The triming is not correct. If the load Utility and CDU gives you 5.5 units, then 7.5 units are needed. After a whole day of various loadings, pax and fuel, and take-off's. I generally need to add about 2 units, for a fluid take-off.3.Lack of window reflections in the cockpit.Other than that, she's good to go.I have try'd her with two PC's with exactly identical results.IMO, I think the cheerleaders here or everywhere else do not contribute anything usefull for a forward motion/development.So do you guys fly long hauls in real time or not???!!Golli.

I always fly in real time.If you want a 'true' simulation that, is the only way to go.You couldn't do it in reality so, why expect it with a simulation?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Always realtime for me too, if i don't have the time i just save/pause it until i'm good to go again. Also my VA doesn't allow me to accelerate.Anyways flying longhaul without putting in the hours doesn't feel right and takes away the good feeling of a "complete" flight at the end.My opp.Best regards,Eirik

First of all, I think you're way out of line.Secondly, I never, ever, ever use time compression. Ever. It doesn't bother me one bit that this plane with all its sophisticated code and systems doesn't work well with your 16x arcade settings. I hope PSS doesn't waste the time and resources to make it do so.Wow.

Guest Callmecapt

Golli, I can appreciate the fact you don't have a lifestyle to suit long haul simming, but it begs the question, why buy the 777 in the first place if you don't fly long haul in real time. The 777 can do short to medium haul routes for the novelty of it, but if I wasn't planning to do long haul, I would never buy it. I can honestly say I have every single one of PSS's products that started with the 747-400 in FS2000 and have been happy with all of them.My opinion, if you don't plan on doing long haul flying, don't buy a long haul aircraft. Time accelaration is a cheat and no serious simmer would use it...EVER.I love long haul flying and I plan my long hauls with precision. I don't do them often as I have a family and work but when I have some time off work, that's when I get my charts out and my wife takes my daughter and mother to the shops while I enjoy several hours of flying on Vatsim.GoranOh yes, a quick addition to my post. I have done 2 extreme long hauls in 2 weeks. I made a post about 1 of them. 1st one was Heathrow to Sydney non stop and I was at my PC the whole time and it was all logged on Vatsim and FS Flight Keeper. No sleep for about 20 hours. The 2nd trip was the return journey. Sydney to Heathrow exactly 1 week later. I did get sleep then, about 4 hours. And it does feel like a massive achievement when you do it in real time. My next trip is Season 5 of the amazing race...72 000nm over 1 month.

I wish I knew how to permanently disable time compression - period. I suppose 8x or whatever is the only way some can fly big lh airplanes given family constraints etc, but what a waste of an experience. Longhaul is another world of simming altogether, and probably more satisfying(or potentially frustrating :-lol ) than any other flight regime.Funny thing happens when you fly more lh - the flights seem shorter as your mind learns to stretch it's definitions of distance/time. 1000nm becomes 'almost there' :)regards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpgPC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB Audigy

Regards,

Mark

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.