Sign in to follow this  
Guest Geoff495

777 freezing...

The issue mmay have been discussed several times before, but I didn't find a clear answer so far.When flying, with the 777, sometime my computer freezes suddenly without any reason. Then I had to reboot and start again...It can be during the preparation on the ground, a few minutes after Take Off, after 2 hours,...I have noticed that PSS add ons might freeze the system (especially somes pages in the FMC), but that time I cannot find any explaination...Could someone help me?Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Thanks (please sign your posts per forum guidelines).I have had freezes, but never related to this aircraft. I get it from scenery problems, and an occasional problem with ActiveSky. Perhaps someone else might have experienced the problems you mention.

Hello Geoff,I want to make sure that you have installed the latest patch for the 777 series for 2004. The freezing issue for the FMC has completely been fixed in the second patch.I have absolutely no freezes on the 772LR which I fly since the second patch, even with extensive FMC legs page etc... modifications.John

HiI have downloaded the last version of the 777 from the PSS website, and I do not get any freeze issue anymoreI think that my last version was out of date, therefore that was fixed by getting the last installer.Thanks.Geoff