Sign in to follow this  
Guest 747lover

757-300 flight dynamics

Guest 747lover

Hello again.I have recently taken the rocketship out of the hangar again.Now I am mostly flying the 300 version.My question is.Is the wings on this bird mounted at a different angle to the body than on the 200 series?When I am on final approach with vref+5 knots,I have to have a much higher nose up attitude than on the 200 series.Is this normal?It is a great add on.My only problem is that I still have problems with crosswind landings.If I overcontroll a bit and using to much wing low at touchdown,I will skid off the runway into the direction of the wind(upwind side of the runway)To awoid this,I tried to get the nosegear down fast for steering.Is the main landing gear steerable?So if the aircraft is drifting towards the upwind side of runway at touchdown because of lowering the wing to much.the gear will point at the same direction.Is this the answer?For information I have sp2

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.