Sign in to follow this  
Guest woodster757

757 & 777 Dont sink warning

Guest woodster757

Hi everyone,Been flying my 757 alot just lately and am starting to get the hang of it nicely, the one annoying thing is after landing sucessfully and then going to the instant replay function on the menu bar, when viewing the replay of the landing I get repeated (Warnings) from the GPWS "don't sink" all the way to the touchdown, just spoils the moment abit. I wouldn't mind but my glide is accurate both with the red and white's on the side of the runway and on my ILS on the EADI, I also get the same with the PSS 777, but no other Aircraft. Is there any way to help with this problem, (Bearing in mind it only occurs in the replay, not on the actual flight) I presume there is a .wav file somewhere that could be deleted but I've looked everywhere and can't locate it.Help would be greatThanksJason

Guest Phoenix5

Hello Jason,Unfortunately the sounds are not user editable. Try a different viewing angle, as it maybe related to the current eye level, rather than the recorded level, for example try viewing the replay from above the wing level of the aircraft and see if that helps.

Guest woodster757

Thanks fot the reply Steve, and I understand what you are saying, but the problem occurs where ever the spot camera is. Pity it's not editable, Thanks for the reply thoughJason

Maybe you could move the "don't sink" sound file to another location or disable it in the .config file? I have done that on some other payware aircraft.Joe

Guest vrandar

No you can't do that because the warning is hard-coded into the gauge file. It also happens with me on the Airbuses and is, I admit, rather irritating.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

I know you can inhibit the the GPWS by pressing the off button by the 'SYS' label...must be something on the Boeing too...that way it wont yell during replays.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.