Sign in to follow this  
Guest tjf4375

777-200LR - Autopilot problem

Guest tjf4375

Hi folks,Wonder if anyone can help -I've just bought the 777LR aircraft, and on my first flight, I had serious problems with it. After takeoff, on engaging the autopilot, the aircraft began banking violently from side to side, and also completely ignored any altitude entered either through the MCP or the FMC. I had a SID programmed, and it ignored this completely. Also, I was unable to control the speed, which kept increasing, despite the A/P being in VNAV mode and supposedly following the SID.Is there somewhere I'm going wrong here? I've been flying advanced Sim aircraft for some time now, including the Level-D 767, and the PMDG 737/747, so I'm familiar with the Boeing autopilot/FMC system, and have never experienced this kind of thing before.Any help or advice anyone might have would be greatly appreciated!Regards,Tim F

Tim, If you search the forum, you will see that others have had similar problems with the AP on the 777. Yet I have been flying it since it first came out without problems - yesterday I did an 8 hour flight using up to 8x sim rate. I say this solely to re-assure you that it can be sorted.Firstly, are you loading the 777 from the FS9 default flight - this is essential. Look at no 6 in the sticky at the top of the page - I know its for the 757 but it equally applies to the 777.Please post back if that does not help.Good luckJohn Rooum

Hi Tim, Just in case you might have overlooked these two items, that I found made the 777-200LR go a bit pearshaped 1st Make sure that youhave set the load editor. And also the fuel settings. Cheers Greg YSSY

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.