Sign in to follow this  
Guest ncc1701d

Major Airports

Guest ncc1701d

Hi, fairly new at simming - so please go easy if this quesion is old. Please move it to an appropriate forum if this one is not correct. I've had the 777 from PSS since it came out, but only now been able to start looking a bit more seriously at it. I thought I'd ask here in the PSS forum first to at least have a starting point. I'd like suggestions on the best airport scenary upgrades for FS2004 and using the PSS 777 package. I've been searching for a few hours now and my brain is starting to hurt trying to figure out which is the best and if there might be any compatibility issues. In particular I'm after all international airports:VHHH and all Asia DXB, BAH, BOM, DEL, RUH, CMB, ISBEGLL, EDDF, LFPG, JFK, LAX, YVR, ANC, YYZ, SFORJAA, RJTT, ROAH, RCTP, RKSI, RJFF, KIX, I certainly don't mind paying (within reason!)Not asking much .... am I!Cheers!

Guest dt1951

Hi Cheers, please sign your posts per forum guidelines. There are myriads of sceneries out there, payware and freeware. There are many, many excellent freeware ones. However, I must warn you of a few issues I have with them. First, many are going to eat up your frame rates. I don't have any recommendations as to which ones will be worse than others. If you have a top of the line system with lots of horsepower and a great video card that may not be an issue. And second, some of the have some rather complicated installations requiring that you have installed other packages for the scenery to work properly. Again, I have no recommendations. You will have to experiment some to find out where your comfort level is.As to the payware sceneries, there are some truly great ones. Most are under $25 US. You should determine where you do the most flying and invest in the sceneries where you will be.Something else to keep in mind is doing a tradeoff between what you want to see versus how much time you actually see it. By that I mean that you spend most of your time in the air, and the time actually looking at your beautiful scenery can be almost insignificant compared to looking at a nice panel. That is personal decision based on what your desires are. Good luck with your decisions...

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.