Sign in to follow this  
Guest franksalot

PSS B772LR - Cost Index

Guest franksalot

Could anyone give me information on the Cost Index range for the B772. I have a dramatic difference if I get it wrong with this aircraft.I'm on my way from Dubai to Heathrow at the moment, and have been 'experimenting' with different numbers. I have never known an aircraft to react so noticeably when changing the CI - I'd like to have some realistic numbers, please.KenWe are 'nit picking' when we get to Cost Index :) but hey! if the PSS Team have modelled it so accurately, why not?

Guest Phoenix5

Try a low number I never use higher than 22, usually about 18 - 20.This is personal preference and based on what I know a domestic airline in Australia does with its smaller aircraft.

Guest franksalot

Thanks for your reply Steven,So if I use a CI of 20, would I use that both for Take Off and Cruise?Ken

Guest vrandar

Current British Airways CIs for the 777-200 fleet are:Climb: Cost Index 0Cruise: Cost Index 100 (though Cost Index 0 is sometimes used on East Coast USA to UK Flights. Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest franksalot

Hi Rob,Thank you for the info, just what I want.Ken

18-20? Geez..your not getting anywhere in a hurry!:-lol

Eric 

Guest franksalot

'18-20? Geez..your not getting anywhere in a hurry!'So I found out. Rob gave me the correct numbers, for the aircraft type. Ken

Ken,Just to let you know, that number Steve gave was for 1 airline that he knows about. Every airline uses different numbers for CI. For instance, on Delta's 763's, they use 113 regulary, 75 if ahead of schedule and 377 if behind sked. KLM uses 150 on their 744's, etc... So you see, the numbers vary widly.

Eric 

Guest franksalot

Thanks Eric, I'll copy that and print it, then I'll some idea of what to do when I fall behind schedule :) As you say it seems to depend which Airline you work for.Ken

Guest MatthewSchoenberg

I recently flew a United Airlines 772ER flight and they used a 50 Cost Index.Matthew

Guest franksalot

Hi Matthew, as Eric was pointing out Companies have different ideas on the subject. At the moment I'm flying a B735, my VA gives a cruise CI of 100, I have a tailwind of 84 kts G/S 545 kts, I'll reduce the CI to 50 and see what happens.Ken

Guest franksalot

Changing the CI from 100 to 50 reduce the G/S by approx. 25 kts, with the tailwind more or less constant at 85 kts. at least I know the CI feature is modelled.Ken

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.