Sign in to follow this  
Guest jtizzy

757 install won't build aircraft.cfg's

Guest jtizzy

Never had this problem before. When installing v1.2 everything goes fine until the end when it tries to create the a/c configs. Each and every time it locks up w/o creating the configs and gives me a runtime error. When I tried to update configs - it errors out and tells me to try later due to high bandwidth demand. HELP!

Guest jtizzy

I have tried to re-install this package multiple times and every time halfway through building the aircraft.cfgs it gives me an error saying "connection problem - retry or retry later" When I go into FS I have the 752 models available and working, but none of the 753.Any help?

Guest Phoenix5

Run the installer and select rebuild config only.Make sure you have disabled the firewall and AV as well.

Guest jtizzy

I now have one 753 model after re-building the configs, but not all of them. I attempted to rebuild configs again w/ my AV and firewall disabled as you suggested, but still no luck. I am pressuming this must be something on my end because it seems to be some kind of connection error. I changed my mobo in my system recently otherwise everything has stayed the same - it used to install fine.Any other suggestions?Thanks in advance.

Guest Phoenix5

Try clearing the temporary files folder, and if you are using Norton's or similar you may have to completely disable the software, as it will still operate in the background when switched "off".

Guest jtizzy

Well I gave it try. Made sure my AV was disabled, firewall off and cleaned my temp files, but still the same result. It appears that the problem seems to be with the PSS-753R file, When I open that file the only things in it are: Model.rr, Sound.rr, Panel, Texture.PHX.It builds most of them fine, but then right at the end it seems to hang up and says "Update failed.....Retry? This is due to communication error or high bandwidth demands" I'm not sure what else to try. Are there router settings I should change? Thanks

Guest Phoenix5

Can you email me at the support email address with your details and I will see what I can do to resolve this.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.