Sign in to follow this  
Guest dogdog1985

I can't see the runway, will it be the trimming problem again

Guest dogdog1985

After learning what is trimming, I finally can T/O easily. I had the CoG of 18% and increased the STAB TRIM to around 8.5I could took off at around 175knots (long haul, much fuel)At cruising, the STAB trim was showing 8.01.. Was that correct?? Don't know.However during landing, I can't see the runway at CYYZ even at around 2000 AGL (not visibility problem, it was good)The runway seemed to me that it was under my "Angle of Sight" or in the other words to say, my aircraft's nose was upward too much. My Angle of Attack was too high I think. Information:ZFW = 474000lbsFOB = 18000lbs when approachingDo I needed to trim my aircraft again during approaching. But as you know, I can trim during A/P is On, it will readjust the trim automatically. So should I trim the aircraft again to get a reasonable "Angle of Attack" when disconnect the A/P at around 1000AGL during landing. What should be the usually angle of attack during approaching btw??

Guest franksalot

Hi Patrick,This can be a little difficult, but I found that when the nose comes down on the runway, visibility returns. Otherwise, I just press Shift + Enter, this works fine for me; once the nose gear is on the rwy, press the Spacebar.Maybe PSS Support, or others have another solution.Ken

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.