Sign in to follow this  
Misha_K

Help please!! Messed-up graphics

I have no idea what's going on. I've tried changing video card drivers to no avail. I have had this problem previously with the Project Fokker F70 now with all planes. THey just disintegrate into jagged pieces as does the scenery. Could it have something to do with Direct X 9 which I installed recently? I'm at a loss. Please help. Mishahttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e46d72b01571dd4.jpg

there is a dx9 uninstaller..thats what i used...do a search on google or any search engine to find it,takes a while to do,but worth it if your having problems like i did.try that and if its the same you know it's not DX9. only thing i can suggest really best wishes steve

The only uninstaller I can find is for Win XP and .NET. I have Win 2000. Can anzone help?Thanks in advance.Misha

well desperate times means desperate measuresi suggest a FULL uninstall of FS2002 and your video drivers then a fresh install of it ALL

Misha, how are you getting along? Any success?Dr. Jinesh ThomasResident in Internal MedicineGauhati Medical CollegeINDIA.

Well, I reinstalled and for the most part the problem is gone. When I turn up my graphic options (I used to run FS2K2 with everything maxed out just fine) I get the problem again, but to a lesser extent. The new problem now is that the sim crashes with a fault in something like vimacore.dll every time I try to access the menu bar. All in all, the sim is still unuseable. I can't uninstall DX9 but somehow I think the problem may be elsewhere. Misha

Hi Misha,I have a similar problem...my fs screen locks up, even though my task bar says that FS is still running. The problem Im having (and yours too) looks clearly like a video driver corruption problem.Here's the scary thing, and the reason why Im replying to you:My problem started just after installing the Fokker 70/100 as well!!I wonder if there is a connection?Ive tried uninstalling all my video drivers and reinstalling with no better results.Misha, try this ...just as a test:Go into your FS settings and turn OFF your hardware acceleration, and see if everything is running ok (but, obviously, it will look horrific, visually) ...but still looking ok for that particular resolution.I did this and everything IS running ok...but when I go back to hardware exceleration in any resolution, the screen locks up again.Im starting to think that my video drivers are corrupted, but no amount of uninstalling and reinstalling seems to help the problem.Just curious, but are you having problems with Internet Explorer,too, (if you are using it)??One more thing Ive noticed about your screen shot...The text within the red bar on the screen...look at it closely,are there thin white lines between the white letters?Let me knowLet's troubleshoot this together.My PC:P3 1 ghz1.5 gigs sdramGeforce4 ti4200 64mb80 gig HDSound Blaster live gamer 5.1Mouse

It has something to do with multi texturing it appears. But even without multi texturing i get some strange flickers and boxes around transparent textures. It's a mess. I have a clean install of FS2K2 with only default stuff and it's still unuseable. The vimacore.dll problem had to do with LAGO's FSSE, which I uninstalled, so now I can access the menu without crashing the sim, but no graphics setting works as it should. Misha

OK. I have fixed the problem in the above picture. Installing Service Pack 3 for Win2K did the trick. However, I have new problems: Black boxes around my lights and trees and similar textures and ground textures are blurry and boxy:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e4edf8225695b7e.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e4edfbb26261198.jpgAnd the sim crashes now each time I try to access the menu. Now it's not vimacore.dll anymore, but rather an error in unknown:AppName: fs2002.exe AppVer: 8.0.0.10919 ModName: unknownModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 01a2101eCan anyone help, please????Misha

Tried it. Doesn't work. Also, I just noticed, aircraft reflections don't seem to be working either, even though multitexturing is on and the option is checked. There are no boxes when Filtering is off, but then the graphics are atrocious. Aaargh.....:-fume :-zhelp :'(

hey folks....add me to the list....i just started having problems last week with my fs2002 as well....im pretty much ok now after doing a system restore....ive done a full unistall and then install of fs and drivers.....im still not getting reflective metallic textures....and its grinding on my nerves! i just cant stand to fly any bare metal aircraft, they look horrible! any input let me know!shep

This seems to be a common problem then. Is there nobody out there who knows a solution??? :'(Misha