Sign in to follow this  
Guest psyonic

Landing...

Guest psyonic

Hi everyone...Please answer this 2 things for me, hope its not too much trouble and they don't come around as silly questions:Am I correct in assuming the B777 will not autoland even if I get the Land 3 message on the PFD if the runway is not CatIII? That being the case, if I let the plane flare by itself, preciselly at how many feet AGL do I a) disconnect the A/T and :( idle the engines as to not slam on the ground.Thanks!

Hi,My 777 and 757 have both fully landed at all of the airports that I have landed at, I have not had a rejected landing yet.And I usualy disconnect at about 800 feet if I intend to manualy flare, but to be honest I usualy let the plane land itself.

what is the panel supposed to look like when autoland is set? what is on and what is off autopilot wise? autothrottle? is app selected or is loc selected? I just don't know what to do to enable autoland after the ils frequency and crs are entered. thanksanthonyI have the 777 and the 757 don't know if there are differences in the autoland procedure.

Anthony,I recommend that you fly the tutorial flights - that's what they are there for!John Rooum

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.