Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Dreier

B757 - 'Smoking' Tires??

I've been flying the PSS 757-200 for some time now, and when on external view and taxiing, there are times when there are puffs of smoke in or around the landing gear. At first I thought this might be because I was applying brakes too hard, or because I was making turns too tight or quickly. However, I've seen this happen while taxiing at slow to normal speeds while going straight and not applying brakes. Could someone please explain? Thanks!

Guest Phoenix5

Hin Chuck,No idea really... but it could be the airport scenery, if the taxi way has a few bumps it could be enough to trigger the touchdown smoke effect.I can not say I have seen this on my aircraft, but anything is possible.

Steve's right Chuck.it's to do with the airports in question, and nothing to do with the aircraft, or your speed. Unless your turning at 60 kts (*;*)I have had this same thing happen at a few of the UK2000 airports, and a simflyers one too.probably AFCAD related or similar.check which airports its happening at in particular, and then try asking the question on their own forums, you will probably get it solved there.

Thanks for the replies. Steve W., I have one more question though. Where do you find forums for particular airports (KATL, for instance)? BTW, I use NOD32. It's undoubtedly one of the best out there!

Hi Chuck,if it's a freeware airport, then I would write to the author, who's contact details are usually found in the read me supplied with the scenery.if it's payware, then they do usually have a web site, which in turn will show links to the forum section.NOD32 is great, a lot of people slated it some time ago, but as usual you have to make a couple of exceptions for the FS9 and SB3 side of things in the NOD32 set up menu, once that is done then all is fine.I posted a thread on this in the Avsim forums some time ago as I was quite disappointed at some users saying it was rubbish because of this and that, and yet they had not made those two exceptions, once they had done this it was fine.I also worked with Dan, a technical manager here in the UK, and they released a new build which made this easier.Fantastic program, doesn't take over your PC like some do, and does not have an ever growing foot print either, again, unlike some.

It has happened to me at Default as well as payware airports. Here are the circumstances as to when it happens. I usually taxi in Spot Plane mode from behind the aircraft and then us the "bracket" key to open a new window to have the Top Down view in a small window in the lower left corner of my monitor. When I "Right Click" the mouse and close the window I notice the front tire lets out a belch of smoke. Like I said earlier, I have noticed it at all airports.John

John P. Navara

PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H

Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements

https://twitch.tv/Sim_Dude

I dont have the 757, but my guess is that something with the contact points is not set right, for example the strut spring sensitivity, or damping. It could be set a tad to stiff..At what weights does it pronounce?JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE..http://www.jdserver.mine.nu/johan

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.