Sign in to follow this  
kapapilot

777 Problems

I am having some problems with the 777 the idle speed is way too high and the front landing gear light doesn't turn with the rudderI have reinstalled several times, don't know if this is contributing. thanks for any helpanthony

Now some of the lights don't turn off with the overhead, l does all of them correctly, but the overhead doesn't do anything with the logo and wing lights.thanksanthony

Anthony,1. What idle rpm do you have?2. The nosewheel will only move once the aircraft is moving.3. Start without using "L" and then look at each switch in turn to see which lights it operates.John R

The aircraft was moving and the nosewheel was turned and the light just didn't move,The lightsThe landing lights turn on the landing lights and the logo lightthe logo switch turns on and off the logothe nav turn on the nav lights & the wing lights and the logothe beacon turns on the beacon lights also turns logo on and offwing lights button turns on and off the logostrobe turns on the strobes but if the nav lights are off then the cabin lights flash on the exterior views through the windows are more strobes. Also the strobe turns the logo on and offTaxi also turns on and off logo and taxi lightsrunway turnoff lights don't do anythingpnl and flood turn panel and logo lights on and offIf any of the lights that control the logo are on then you must turn all of them off to turn off the logo.The taxi light turned on by itself doen't turn with the rudder even though the wheels are turning.landing light doesn't turn with the rudder when front wheel is turned.also for some reason all 100% of the time, lights or no lights the mouse arrow is always black, the hand is white though.IDLE RPMN1 is 18.3 and N2 is 60.9Thanks for any help you can give me, I did redownloaded and reinstalled it before giving you these numbers and info.

also I never got an answer about the rudder on the 777 and 757 is it the air running past it preventing it from moving? its only when I am in the air that it doesn't move as much as it does on the ground, it also doesn't have much effect in the air. thanksanthony sorry about not signing my name on the last post, there are some forums where they don't want you signing your name, I just forgotalso don't know about a missing texture for the 757, the tail is just apu exhaust is just grey. thankshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176289.jpg

I read somewhere that Nvidia drivers can mess with the tweeks you make to fs. Could this be causing the problem with the paint installation?thanksanthony

Anthony,A few comments on the above:1. Remember the 777 has been out for some time so a search of the forum will fimd answers to many of your points.2. What would you expect the idle rpm to be? Or is your point that the aircraft will taxy at idle with brakes off?3. Rudder movement

The rpm was fixed when I reinstalled.My mouse is the standard one and in all of the other aircrafts it is white.The lights are no big deal just wanted to make sure it wasn't just my download or my computer.I am not sure what you are saying in Point 7.Thanks for the help.sorry I didn't search the forum.Anthony

Do You think reinstalling the simulator would do the trick and I would be able to see changes I make in the aircraft config?thanksAnthony

Anthony,Firstly, can we consolidate this into one post - we are getting at cross-purposes using two posts.OKYou have several totally separate problems and we need to identify any common factor.1. I do not see that odd "exhaust" texture on any of my models - including UAL_NC. BTW - which UAL livery is it that you are showing in the screen shot - its not UAL_NC.2. Have you now sorted out this UAL_NC texture or is it still a problem?3. Do you know how to do a clean FS9 install whilst retaining your original FS9 installation to revert back to?John R

The ual livery is the standard one that came with the 757.I am still having problems with the aircraft config not taking my changes into the aircraft selection menu.I do not know how to do a clean fs9 install while retaining the original fs9 installation to revert back to.I appreciate you putting up with me, I am sorry about not consolidating all into one post. Is there a way to delete all of my previous posts on the boeing forum and I will just use this one?thanksAnthony

Anthony,No need to delete any posts - just stay with this one.We will try and sort out your aircraft config problem first. But I need to do some re-downloading myself to see if I can reproduce your problem {perhaps a conflict between UAL variants?} Hopefully I'll have some ideas tomorrow.BTW - what's your time zone?John R

what if I replace the old ual textures with the new ones and see what happens?That worked, at least I have the new texture now.On the 757, if it sits running with the parking brakes on for a while I come back and its in the concourse, not sure what the deal is but this is what was happening earlier.ThanksAnthony

Okay so we have said that no lights should move with the rudder on the 777 correct?thanksAnthonyJust fixed the aircraft.cfg problem, It was the uac setting for vista. Works great now, just have a few more problems to fix.

Anthony,'Fraid I do not have Vista {its far too early} so I cannot help you there.The problem with moving at idle with the parking brake on is well documented on the forum and applies to other aircraft - not just PSS. Some suggest hit "F1" to ensure that you are at idle. For myself, the only way I can get it to stop completely is to shut down one or two engines. It appears to be an inherent limitation in FS9 for some developments.Assume that you now have all your required liveries - any other problems?John R

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.