Sign in to follow this  
kapapilot

777 Problems

Guest franksalot

'Thanks for the kind words..' I've been waiting for years to 'get you on your own' to thank you for your great work over the years. Way back to the PSS Airbus 320 Series circa 2003 :)Interesting you mention the T7 descent; initially I thought it was too fast; but then one of our pilots at British Airways Virtual suggested 'playing' with the Cost Index. I had been setting it 150 to 200 during the cruise. But it appears that the FMC? logic then takes that into consideration when calculation the descent rate? I now set the CI at 0 about 500 nm from the TD, this 'seems' to work, I'm still assessing it.At this moment I'm on my way from Heathrow to Dubai, so I'll try another CI setting.Funny old world...just noticed that approx. 500 nm behind me is Capt. Cyrille de Lattre also on his way to Dubai. Cyrille was also on the PSS Airbus 320 Series, bete tester I think, he used to answer my daft questions :) I still have a copy of an email from him.Ken

Thank you very much for your effort, and outstanding work with the air file of the 777, Johan.Can you tweak the air file in order to avoid the excessive pitch down at the T/D point or it

Hi,There is a contact form you can use, or you may try my old email adres, johd at zeelandnet dot nl.I personally think a tad more drag will do better on the descends, but maybe someone with more knowledge on the real 777 can shine a light on the expected VS down? its now roughly about 1200-1400 fpm and I think it need around 1800 to be comfortable, especially when below 10000 ft.Anyone?Then, on the pitch, I personally havent noticed this, since I often let first speed bleed off, to about 300 knots before the descend starts. Shall try a managed decend and see what happens.There ARE already ways YOU can try out for your self.In the aircraft.cfg under the a/p settings:max_pitch_acceleration=1.0max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt=0.7max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt=0.4max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt_breakpoint=11000.0max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt_breakpoint=25000.0max_bank=25.0max_bank_acceleration=0.8max_bank_velocity=1.5max_throttle_rate=0.08You can play a bit with these.Rather self explained.Stay tuned!JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE..http://www.jdserver.mine.nu/johan

Fuel Planner Problem again, still have the white box for an outline and I get the error that it is unable to find a version of runtime and the application can't start.thanksAnthonyps. I am sick of reinstalling and not having anything change.

"Unable to find a version of runtime to run this application."thanksanthonyWhat Happened to PSS SUPPORT, DID they ABANDON ME?I don't understand, if you want people who will possibly buy more products from you, wouldn't you make sure they are happy with the ones they own?I do like the product in working order, but when its not working you would think they should help you out. I know they did for a while and probably just got sick of me.I don't know what to do, is wabash on the do not answer list?

Sorry guys I appologize I was not nice in the mushrooms forum. I am just frustrated, can you please help, I didn't even know that you were part of pss John. I appreciate your help, I just didn't know because you don't have the signature thing. thanks againanthony

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.