Sign in to follow this  
DaveH

Can't Set Parking Brake

On some (not all) aircraft, +. will stop aircraft, but about one second later it will start rolling again. I've tried resetting default control options in FS,looking for parking brake in AirEd and aircraft.cfg, but can't seem to fing anything that might be set wrong. Can anyone help??Edited: Just reloaded the aircraft.cfg and .air file, and has corrected problem. Must have been a corrupted file. But I still would like to know what parameter to look for to correct in the future.Dave Hinson

Whoops, wrong again. Problem has returned with King Air. Tearing my hair out over this one - can't hold position at runup area waiting for takeoff in VatSim.

Dave:In control assignments, be sure that the repeat slider is all the way to the left as shown in the attached picture. If you don't set it all the way to the left it will sometimes set and release the parking brakes, depending on how long you hold down the (.)Hope that helps,

Thanks, guys, for the hint. I will look at that parameter. I did check fs.cfg file, and the parking break code reads 110,10, which I assume is the correct code for +.EDIT: Just tried it - my control assignment for PB does not have a Repeat function. Maybe because I do not have a button assigned on my joystick??? Maybe I should delete the fs.cfg file and reopen FS.Dave Hinson

Dave,Do you have your brakes (not parking brakes) set to a joystick button? If so, that button will release the parking brakes, as I'm sure you know. I run into this problem when my brake gets assigned on more than one joystick. You have to look at the assignments for each joystick and my guess is you will find it is assigned to something else. Good luck!David

David, Thanks for the answer. I did finally assign the PB to a joystick button (I had been just using +.) and it works now. However, +. still does not work. Crazy program !!Dave Hinson