Sign in to follow this  
Guest hubusu

Traffic collision 757

Guest hubusu

Hy my name is Ron and I still can't have the traffic knob into the b 757 right.I can turn it so the message gives that the traffic is on.But I can't see any airplain what is in front of me and even when there is a plain wich I can see with the naked eye then there is still no warning.What do I wrong or do forgot something.I hope somebody can help me out.

Guest Jacob Lee

There is a knob under the "radio" tab, it's next to where you set your squawk. It'll say something like "TA/RA". Turn it all the way to the right, and the planes will show up. I can't remember exactly right now, but after my next flight I'll let you know!-- Jake

Guest Mike Phyrio

Ahem.....the other half of that TA/RA knob couldn't be referring to "Radio Altitude" could it? And if it is, how on earth do you get it to read anything but -6? It makes the autolanding JUST a little rough.Mike

Guest Jacob Lee

Ron, Okay, I just completed a flight. Click on the "COMM" tab, and you will see where you can set your squwak. To the right of that is a knob that will say "XPNDR...TA/RA, etc..". Just click that knob all the way to the right and the planes will show on your map. Doing this will make your transponder go to "normal", so turn it to the right before you enter the runway. Make sense?-- Jake

Guest hubusu

Thanks ;indeed I havent seen that at all.But since I have a wide screen TFT sometimes it's like you something!Thanks very much.

Guest Mike Phyrio

So, Phoenixers, does that /RA mean Radio Altitude? And if it does, how do you change it from -6? I suppose it really doesn't matter because I can do a lot smoother landing with that beast than the (lol) autoland can do anyway. I can set that honey down so smooth that the spoilers (yes, they're set), don't even get deployed.....but I would like to change the radio altitude to 0.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.