Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Dreier

B757, Steering after landing problem???

Help. I have done a 'search' but have not found an answer to the problem I'm having. The nosewheel steering is very erratic after landing. In other words, I have to fight to keep the aircraft centered while taxiing - it constantly wants to pull to one side or the other. I've tried disconnecting the Autopilot prior to touchdown, and I've also disengaged the Auththrottle prior to touchdown. Neither of these works. Suggestions, or preferably answers? Thanks!

Guest dt1951

Chuck, a rather dumb question, but worth asking. Are your throttles synchronized? After a long flight sometimes my throttles will get out of sync I will have the problem you describe. To the best of knowledge the 757 doesn't have centerline tracking in autoland. Do you have a differential brake engaged during taxi or landing?

I'm using the CH Yoke, the one with a single throttle/thrust lever. Engines are in sync throughout the flight, and as far as I know, after touchdown and taxi. How would I tell if differential braking is somehow happening? I do use autobrakes, and must unapply them via the cockpit switch using the mouse (not via a CH Yoke button or the keyboard). I'm perplexed. I'm one of these guys that knows there is a "cause", it's just getting it figured out. :)

Sorry to hear you're having the same problem. On my next flight, I'm going to NOT use autobrakes on landing. I'll let you know if that makes any difference.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.