Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trelawney

B757 Slow load of Side Views.

Hi there!I have a problem with the 757 in that the side views and forward L&R views take about 5-10 seconds to load! Everything else about this beautiful bird seems to function 'a la perfectly' but this delay in loading these periferal views is extremely frustrating. In an effort to resolve this, I downloaded the 2D/no VC models but they have no side or fwd L&R VC type views at all!I don't have the problem with any other 'complex' add-ons - from PSS or elsewhere, and I am at a loss as to how to overcome it.I'm using updated fs9 on a Pentium 4, 2.8Ghz; 1gig Ram; 120HDD; GeForce 4 MX440(128MB). I am using add-on scenery and mesh. Also, I feel that it is relevant to state that I have FsX delux edition installed.Anyone able to help? It would be really appreciated.Thanx, Trelawney.:-zhelp

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi there!I have decided, after reading Steven's Post, and comments thereafter, to post an update to my original posting.Having become totally disillusioned, I uninstalled the whole 757 shooting match, but discovered V1.3. So, I have installed (clean) v1.3 with renewed enthusiasm and optimism, but alas, only to find that when flying in 2D panel mode, as before, the left, right, forward left and forward right views take about 8 - 10 second to load! Then they're fine until left 'unselected' for 15-30 seconds (or more, of course), when they take another 8-10 seconds to 're-load'!!!Now this does NOT occur when I use PMDG 747, Level D 767, or flight 1's ATR, to pick upon 3 pretty complex planes! Nor with the Captain Sim 757 - when you can get it to stop resting on its tail! So what is it with the 757 I ask? Is it because it's my favourite bird?Surely, as the sun peeps over the horizon to mark this new dawning of PSS, surely, there is someone who could offer some advice?PLEASE?, PRETTY PLEASE?? GROVELLING,PATHETIC 'GOLLUM' TYPE PLEASE???The plane is beautiful - just beautiful!! It flies beautifully too!!!But I can't 'glance' or even 'peer' left or right without getting a grey, blanked out window for 8-10 seconds!! This reoccurs every time the views are 'not used' for a few seconds as I explained above - and it's extremely annoying and frustrating.So: ...---... , ...---... , ...---... , ...---... , ...---... , ...---... , ...---... , ...---... , ...---... , ...---... , ...---...!!!!!Trelawney.(#2)

Do you have this issue with the VC? In the early days of our 757 there was a freeware product that if installed had a component that conflicted with our plane that caused issues. I think there are details in the help sticky post.Otherwise I will see what else could be causing it.

Hi Steven,Thanx for the reply.With regard to this problem occurring in the VC, all I can say is that when in VC mode, and I pan left or right, the view goes about 5 to 10 degrees and then seizes up for a similar time of about 8-10 seconds before being able to continue with the pan to look out of the side window. I must confess that I have no idea as to whether this is replicated in the 'top to bottom' plane as I normally prefer to use the 2D panel.I also must inform you that I do have a 'sizeable' hanger which does indeed contain a number of freeware planes.Finally, to where exactly are you refering when you mention 'sticky help'? As in, where do I go to, then select, then select, etc.. Maybe I've already scanned this forum section, or maybe I've missed it together with the opportunity to solve this myself had I done so. If this transpires to be the case in this instance, then i offer my most humble apologies right here and now. I am not a great lover of the forum concept, and therefore not 'so' familiar with them. I prefer to fly rather than chat about it, you might say.I'll eagerly await your reply, and say again 'What a bee-oootiful bird your 757 is!!'Trelawney.

TrelawneyThis has always been a characteristic of the 757. I was originally taking about 3 secs to load these textures - dropped to about half when I updated my graphics card. And, as you say, the 777 etc do not have this problem {their textures seem to load in a different order}.If you go to the 757 User Edits section on the PSS site you can download replacement textures {757VCtextures.zip} which were developed to improve VC loading times. At the time, some reported big improvements whilst others were less successful - again it seemed to be system related.Good Luck - hope it gets you flying again John Rooum

Hi John,Firstly, many, many thanks for your advice which I have followed with some degree of success. Having downloaded and installed the replacement VC textures I now find that whilst there is still a very noticable delay, it is noticably less, as in, 3-4 seconds against 8-10 seconds previously.Alas, I have not had the opportunity to go aloft yet due to R/World commitments not least from my dear 'Lady of the List!', but I am eager to do so for two very good reasons: firstly, in order to assess exactly to what extent this improvement has raised the bar. My instincts are leaning me towards the belief that I might well discover that although there is now still a 'shortened' delay in the loading of these textures, it might well be that they 'remain loaded' - if I can describe it that way - and that the delay is now limited to the initial loading. The other very good reason for going aloft is quite simply that I just love to fly this bird!! Which, I guess, is what we're all of us about!!I'll keep you posted as to my progress.Thanx again,Trelawney.

Sign in to follow this