Sign in to follow this  
Guest franksalot

PSS B772LR - Reverse Thrust

Guest franksalot

I'm having a problem with moving from reverse thrust to idle. I press F1, but it does not have any effect. Yesterday, by mistake, I moved the throttle leavers forward and back, this worked ( or I thought it was the reason)? Can anyone tell me the correct procedure?One other point, the nose wheel seems to take a long while making contact with the runway when landing. Having watched a few RW landings by B777's(Youtube videos) they also have this characterisic. I tried pushing the joystick forward without much success.Ken

Its often due jittering stick axes. Your throttle on the stick need calbration. What I often do is set it in the middle, do the calibration but never go to complete idle. when done, and back in the sim, idle should really be idle, regardless of the jitter.Lower you speed a tad, or push it yourself to the ground? just play a bit with it untill you have the wanted result?JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE..http://www.jdserver.mine.nu/johan

Guest franksalot

Hi Johan, I have the Saitek X52 Joystick/Throttle, so I have calibrated the throttle as you suggested; it's fine.The news gets even better :) As you know I started off 'tuning' the PSS B772LR with your 'brakes' script. Yesterday, I entered the Pitch script. Today I made my routine flight Heathrow to Dubai; along the way I looked in the FMC/Legs page and found the waypoint just before T/D and changed the speed to 300/ - then I started my Recorder program; then sat back in my seat to await developements. Sure enough right on schedule the descent commenced, no drama at all the aircraft began to descend slightly nosedown; I watched the PFD instruments....perfect! I could see the increase/decrease in the speed of descent, smooth as the skin of a peach! The landing, again, as you suggested, I 'engineered' a lower vref by setting flaps 30/143 instead of 25/149 on previous flights. This resulted in what I would call a 'satisfying' touchdown. Only thing that did not go to plan was I drifted to the right on rollout; this whilst i was trying to stop the alarms after AP disengage :).I think we have a 'pussy cat' here.Attached is a .jpg of the touchdown, I notice that the port bogey touched the rwy slightly first. The video of the descent is great.Thank you for all the work you done to make flying the PSS T7 a real pleasure.Ken

Disengage the AP AND the A/T a bit earlier and land it your self. You have much more pleasure then.The drift is something inside FS2004, ILS's on the very last part are very narrow, and the A/P sometimes struggles with this. I believe not all ILS's are the same in FS, some work wonderfull, others have the left or right tendancy, mostly to the right.Just never trust that part.JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE..http://www.jdserver.mine.nu/johan

Guest franksalot

Hi JohanI'll try the manual landing, could be fun :)Slightly off topic, somehow I have 'lost' the smoking tyres on touchdown. It's possible I may be responsible. I 'fiddled' in the air.cfg file when arranging for engine contrails. What I did was to add this =[sMOKESYSTEM0]smoke.0=-900,-22.3,-40.0, fx_pss_contrail_s.fxsmoke.1=-900,-22.3,40.0, fx_pss_contrail_s.fxJust below the original 'smokeysystem'Could you help me on this one?Ken

[smokesystem]smoke.0 = 5.9, -26.2, 77.2, fx_pss_fuel_jettsmoke.1 = 5.9, -26.2, -77.3, fx_pss_fuel_jettThis is from the original cfg.Normally the effects are not needed in the cfg for the tire smoke, nor the engine contrails. done by FS all on its own.JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE..http://www.jdserver.mine.nu/johan

Guest franksalot

Thanks for your reply, I still have that script intact in my PSS T7 air.cfg file; so the 'problem' must be something else. I'm having a flight later today, see what happens then.I agree that tyre smoke is not essential, except that I get it with my PMDG B738NG.....and I like to keep up with the neighbours :)Ken

what do you have to do to get the thing to autoland? I have a 57 and 777 and am wondering what to do, I just don't know, what does the panel look like, autopilot wise when it is set up for autoland?thanksanthony

Anthony, As has been recommended many times before, please read the manaul and fly the tutorial flight. If then you still cannot achieve autolandings, post back here and we will try to help.John R

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.