Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cris

B757 V1.3 in "My Files" section

Guest Cris

Any news from the team?Downloading for ceck.:-outta Cristiano

in my case the install worked fineI noticed some new features in the set up panel and now the MCP is lit up at night when you turn on the panel lights. So I presume it is an update worthwhile. I am going to do my first flight and check if the climb issues have been fixed and the VNAV feature as well. I am quite excited I must admit.I shall let you know guys.In the meatimem thanks PSS and please provide a list of fixed items.Regardsghiom

after first flight:CLB perf is slightly better its seems like the de-rate feature is now implemented. However, I could not maintain v2+10 after T/O (speed dropped very quickly. maybe a trim issue?). Also, the target speed is still not achieved (climb at 295 kts for 299 calculated ans set by VNAV). This is a long known issue which could have been fixed.The VNAV descent does not really worked. I mean it works as it used to.Some easy bugs like the auto-brake auto disarm could have been fixed...The plane is still good for FLCH and G/S LOC is perfect.It is too bad the click spot in VC for altitude selection was not enlarged as I have asked several times in the past.I will wait for PSS to deliver a list of fixed issue. In any case, for me, the 757 is still not patched and brought to the level it should and could... so sad.RegardsGhiom

Guest jaglover

Hopefully, because there's been no official announcement from PSS, the files you installed are not the final patch. Although, if this is the case, why the files would be on a production server is beyond me!!!Mark

>after first flight:>CLB perf is slightly better its seems like the de-rate feature>is now implemented. However, I could not maintain v2+10 after>T/O (speed dropped very quickly. maybe a trim issue?). Also,>the target speed is still not achieved (climb at 295 kts for>299 calculated ans set by VNAV). This is a long known issue>which could have been fixed.>The VNAV descent does not really worked. I mean it works as it>used to.>Some easy bugs like the auto-brake auto disarm could have been>fixed...>The plane is still good for FLCH and G/S LOC is perfect.>It is too bad the click spot in VC for altitude selection was>not enlarged as I have asked several times in the past.>I will wait for PSS to deliver a list of fixed issue. In any>case, for me, the 757 is still not patched and brought to the>level it should and could... so sad.>Regards>GhiomYou cannot maintain v2+10 after takeoff? That is on your end...I can even fully loaded. The issue there is you.Your whining over a 4kt difference in VNAV CLB? Thats pathetic..this is not a multimillion dollar sim made by CAE for God's sake.Your whining because they did not make the ALT click spot bigger even though no other user has a problem with it? Again...pathetic.What is "so sad" is pathetic person such as you coming in here whining over such petty little crap. Give me, PSS and everyone else here a break and uninstall it and go play XBox.

Eric 

I have installed .net framework 2.0, and load edit is working now, so i assume that the load edit is the old one...This 1.3 seems an interin version...or let

After my test flights:The RR 757-200 still seems way overpowered. Even at maximum gross weight plus 2000lbs, I still had to climb at 3000fpm to maintain speed, and that was in CLB-2 mode. The PW model seems alot better at this - the EPR limits are alot lower, and the aircraft doesn't accelerate like a rocket.I had a quick look at takeoff EPR's, and the RR is 1.73 compared with the PW at 1.41. A quick check on airliners.net suggests 1.73 is realistic, but I have no chance of controlling the speed immediately after departure. I cannot physically pitch the aircraft up quick enough to maintain anywhere near V2+10, and usually have to settle for 170-180 knots (about V2+30 at least). At lighter weights, this results in climb rates of 5000fpm, even using CLB-2 power. Once the derate is washed out at 12,000ft, the climb rate shoots up to 6000fpm for a while to maintain the speed.Landing is also quite difficult, as I cannot see the runway through the front window. Anyone else having this problem?

Guest Phoenix5

>>Landing is also quite difficult, as I cannot see the runway through the front window. Anyone else having this problem?Not seen, but will investigate. Hopefully more of your questions will be answered tomorrow, as per my comments in the other thread.

Landing issue solved. Changed one of the panel.cfg parameters from 1.0 to 3.5 (as it is in the PMDG 737). Now landing is not a problem.

I have noticed that with the v1.3, it is not possible to switch off the range rings in the ND. I thought they should switch off if the weather radar was turned off (this is how it works in the 777).Can anyone confirm this is a bug, or was it always this way?EDIT: Oops - I see now that it is an option in the setup menu. Sorry! :-doh

Graeme Butler

I installed it, just don't know why the fuel planner doesn't work, the 777 fuel planner works fine though, the load editor doesn't work either, says it can not find a version of runtime to start the application please help pss, I appologize I have not been niceanthony

Guest Phoenix5

Did you install over your previous installation, or did you uninstall first? I know I have said that you can install over the top, but it is most likely going to be better if you install a fresh copy... I will change my previous post to reflect this.Do you have FSX installed? Sometimes this can cause trouble in locating FS9 files, and using the utility in the stick post will help, finally, do you have .net framework v2 installed, having this installed has solved many issues. (Download from Microsoft) Let me know if you still have issues.

Yes the load editor is problematic. Getting an error that it cannot find the flight simulator path. I have FS9 and FSX installed. I did an uninstall of v1.2 first. I have run the fix tool which told me that the registry entry was fine. I am running Vista 64-bit which has NET 3.0 by default. Any other ideas?Scott

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.