Sign in to follow this  
Guest kmckyd

777-200LR Air Canada livery install problem

Guest kmckyd

Can someone help me with this? I go to install the Air Canada 777-200LR livery and it says that I need to have the 777 Pro 2004 package installed to install the livery. I have the 777 Pro 2004 package installed and have not modified it in any way, and I have it in the default location C:program files/microsoft games/flight simulator 9. Can someone tell me why this isn't working?Thanks!

Have you recently installed FSX? You might need to repair the FS9 link in your registry. See No 3 in the first sticky at the top of the page.John R

Guest kmckyd

Ok, did that but I still get the same message? Any other possible solutions? Thanks again in advance.

I assume that you are using the PSS 777 downloaded from the PSS site and not the boxed version from Just Flight?If so, this is odd. I do not have the Air Canada livery but the ones I have are still installing ok.When you try to install, there are several dialogue boxes to go through before the installation begins - at what stage do you get the error message?John R

Guest kmckyd

Actually, it is the boxed version of the 777. And yes, I get through all the screens and the last screen I see says "please confirm your installation folder and click next to continue". This is my installation folder cut and pasted here C:Program FilesMicrosoft Gamesflight simulator 9Then comes up the "you MUST install the PSS 777 Professional base pack first."Thanks again for the help in advance!

Its an easy mistake to make but, unfortunately, the Just Flight {boxed} version of the PSS 777 has a different installer which the PSS installer does not recognise.There is an interesting post on the Just Flight forum in which Just Flight themselves state that you can purchase liveries from PSS for their version - this was soon changed when someone tried it!However, PSS {in those days Norman B} then posted on that forum to say that they could provide a utility to enable Just Flight users to install PSS liveries {do a search for Liveries 777}.Therefore, suggest you e-mail PSS support for assistance.As you will see from the posts on this forum, PSS are very busy at the moment. So in the meantime there is a free Air Canada livery in the User Edits section of the PSS web site - this can be installed manually but post back here if you have any problems.John RooumPS Please sign your name iaw forum guidlines - also we like to know who we are talking to.

Guest Covert53

I have the exact same situation when i try to add 2 liveries. A dialogue box opens up chastising me that I MUST have the base program loaded BUT I am using the web installer. Any ideas. In the meanwhile I will try to fix my registry.

Guest Phoenix5

If your B777 is from our download then this should not be happening, email me with the error details and your account login and I will see what the issue is.If you have the boxed version email me and I will send you a utility file that will allow you to added downloaded liveries.

Hi Steven, Ihave the same problem as well, could you please emailthis file that will allow me to download these liverys for the 777LRand 777LRF. Thanks in Advance Greg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.