Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix5

PSS and the future

Guest Phoenix5

First off, I wish to make time to thank John Rooum for his continued technical support here in the forums.OK, so no excuses the last few weeks have been ordinary by anybodies standard with regards to product support and communication. As alluded to by Robert in another post things at PSS have been a little (a lot) disorganized and out of sorts for the last few weeks, most notably the extra time needed to update the database and online shop. On top of this there was illness and time off to recover one

Hi Steve, what about the 777 patch (for FS9)?Is the 1.3, the version which has been ready for download since some days ago?Thanks in advance.Miquel Egea.

Guest Phoenix5

>Hi Steve, what about the 777 patch (for FS9)? -- no date or time at this stage. I will try and find some information for you.>Is the 1.3, the version which has been ready for download>since some days ago? -- Yes it is, no official mention was made prior to tonight as we need to ensure we were ready for the influx of downloads

Guest SVA121

Good statment Steve.Thank you for that, and your support.No matter what happens, your loyal customers will be there for you when you need them.Regards,Mohammed

Guest franksalot

Hi Steven, yes, I'm interested to know when we can expect the Update for the PSS B777. Johan Dees has done a fantastic job on the T7, it is now a thrill to fly. But the VNAV needs a 'coat of looking at'.I agree with Mohammed; good statement.Ken

Hi.Great statement, and nicely put together.This will certainly help in relieving some of the "being left behind and ignored" feeling that a lot of us have been experiencing lately.I am curious however by the part in the statement that says, and I quote "In the short term we have an intermediate product scheduled for release, many may liken this to an

Guest Phoenix5

OK I most likely let more "out of the bag" than I should of concerning the next release. When I called it a lite version I was a bit misleading, it is a full featured aircraft, in that we modelled everything it has to the limits of FS as we always strive to do. Lite in the context I meant was it is an aircraft that does not have a lot of modern gadgets, it is a fun and different plane to fly.I can not name the aircraft today, but you will not be waiting months for more details, and I will see what I can do about making a formal announcement, sooner rather than later. (It is not my decision to when these things are announced)It is RECOMMENDED that you start with a fresh install, uninstalling the previous version before updating. This will minimize the chance of any issues or conflicts.edited to update my recommendation.

>You may have also seen misleading posts from others that seem>to be indicating the demise of PSS, and/or parent companies. >The person providing this information was not fully informed>of internal PSS matters and was using outdated sources to>gather their facts. Steven,My comment was designed to promote a response, it wasn't intended to be taken any other way.The sad fact is though, when your loyal supporters are asking questions that are continually ignored for whatever reasons, you can't blame people for assuming that 'the lights are on but there's no-one in the building'.I honestly believe that you could have stopped them by just posting this same post much earlier?I have several of your products and am seriously considering the A330 after seeing the video by ITVV of that aircraft. I asked if the VC view was fully clickable on another forum so, I can use my TrackIR to fly it? I only want VC useable aircraft now as a result.I look forward to seeing your latest project and hope that it will also be in my shopping list?Thankyou for reassuring us.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Phoenix5

Dave,No worries, and to be totally honest I was not thinking of your post when I wrote that, I just want to assure everyone that PSS is still here.Your Airbus question, if you ask in the Airbus forum Rob Elliot is the guru there and would be able to provide an answer for you; I am not 100% sure as to the degree of functionality.

helloPlease let it be a BAC 146

Guest franksalot

Hello Steven, well I'm a loyal, and supportive, customer of PSS, since 2002; but I cannot understand why you do not answer the question re the PSS B777 Update. PSS has Updated the B757 which came out after the B777.Ken

Guest Phoenix5

Ken, I answered that question in the other sticky post. I will copy it here."It was always said that we would work backwards, and that with regards to the B777, any patch for FS9 would be released with the FSX upgrade."

Guest franksalot

Hi Steven, yes you did, I noticed that later. Sorry I should have removed my post.Ken

Guest B772LR

Please let it be the 787 series -8, -9 and then the -3.....PLEASE!!!!!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.