Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix5

B757 Professional 2006 Service Update v1.3

Guest Phoenix5

Items enhanced:1. FMC including VNAV functions *2. Night Lighting

Hi Steve, my experience, with two little hops (EGLL-EHAM and EGLL-LFPG).Taxi, take-off and climb , OK, well climb is very powerful, but it seems to be a feature of this ac.VNAV descent, as bad as it was, beginnig desceding at almost -4000 ft, pitch down ay 5 degrees end the it descents at -2100-2200 ft (-2,5

Guest Phoenix5

Miquel,It is recommended that with VNAV descent you closely monitor the weather/winds conditions and manually adjust your top of descent if needed, rather than blindly let the FMC compute and guide the aircraft. The reason being, and this is true on the real aircraft as well, is that the early pegasus FMC modeled does not fully calculate the effects of winds etc and will use a formula similar to what we would use aiming to operate to the 3:1 rule. i.e. 30 nm from the airport the aircraft would want to be at 10,000ft, at 10 nm it wants to be at 3300 ft, it does not understand that if you have a strong tailwind you may need to added extra track miles to your descent, and other related concepts.So as the real B757 pilot does we ask that you let the FMC assist and lighten your workload, but you the pilot maintain the control and authority of the aircraft.

I flew the v1.3 update from Dulles to Boston using VNAV all the way to an ILS Cat III landing. It actually flew the vertical and lateral profiles pergectly, all by itself. The only problem I found was that when I entered an altitude constraint (FL240 at NEWES) the subsequent waypoint did not recalculate. It remained higher. I had to interpolate and change it manually, which worked fine. In the end, I would say that the B757 is now a really great aircraft to fly.Bob Lyons

Guest Mike Phyrio

>I would say that the B757 is now a really great aircraft to fly.I'd say it was before. I kinda learned to handle it and enjoy the H out of it in almost all the circumstances I've encountered. Of course, there have been times when........but we won't delve into that here...heh.While we're at it, and since it wasn't mentioned; is the Radio Altitude adjustable in this release?

Guest gtsouza

>Miquel,>>It is recommended that with VNAV descent you closely monitor>the weather/winds conditions and manually adjust your top of>descent if needed, rather than blindly let the FMC compute and>guide the aircraft. The reason being, and this is true on the>real aircraft as well, is that the early pegasus FMC modeled>does not fully calculate the effects of winds etc and will use>a formula similar to what we would use aiming to operate to>the 3:1 rule. i.e. 30 nm from the airport the aircraft would>want to be at 10,000ft, at 10 nm it wants to be at 3300 ft, it>does not understand that if you have a strong tailwind you may>need to added extra track miles to your descent, and other>related concepts.>>So as the real B757 pilot does we ask that you let the FMC>assist and lighten your workload, but you the pilot maintain>the control and authority of the aircraft.Whow about the T7 pacth????? The product has been launch earlier than the 757??????

Guest Phoenix5

It was always said that we would work backwards, and that with regards to the B777, any patch for FS9 would be released with the FSX upgrade.

Where is the Update? I've looked all over the PSS Site, and can't seem to find it. I must be blind??? Thanks.

You have to login to your account, then go to the Members-My Files section.

Graeme Butler

You have to login to your account, then go to the Members-My Files section.
If only we could eh? :(

Dave Taylor gb.png

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.