Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

PSS Paint Kits.

Hi Gang,Well, I have finally been brave enough to have a go at painting.I have been wanting to do this for some time now, but never took the plunge because I just didn't think I would be able to take to it, but, I am enjoying it enormously.I am however at a point where I am somewhat stuck.I have painted some of my colours on the LDS767, F1 Super80, and the PMDG 744 etc and the Wilco CRJ200 and ERJ145 without any hangups.First, I am confused with the bit in the instructions for painting the 757, it states that we have to re-size the template etc, and I'm not sure of thats before or after we paint the aircraft.Secondly, without sounding rude, why is this required in the first place when none of the other makers mentioned above require this !Lastly, I take it that I do have to paint the item separately marked as "VSTAB" even though I have just been able to paint it on the "Main" part of the aircraft.I'm not trying to cause any arguments here guy's, I'm just trying to get my hear round what I have to do.having to learn from scratch how to paint is one thing, but this template re-sizing bit, and the separate VSTAB thing is a bit confusing.it would be great if these templates could be re-sized for us as an additional download.Thanks.and I apologise if my questions seem a bit "back to basics" for some painters out there.

Guest Phoenix5

Sorry, but I am the last person to ask advice from with regards to painting aircraft, I have enough trouble staying in the lines when I help my kids color in their homework. Maybe Ben or one of the guys from the community that have the experience using the paint kits will be able to help.

Guest bjjones

I didn't write any instructions for the paintkit so they must be someone elses wise words, I dont know what it says about resizing but you dont have to resize anything.The full size masters are there so you can paint the entire aircraft within one file not having to worry about joints or alignments.Paint your livery into 757-200 Master.psd for example (inside PSD folder), flatten it, then copy/paste the appropriate sections from that into the two textures files, main and vstab in the BMP folder using the plain white base livery as a guide. Job done.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.