Sign in to follow this  
Guest franksalot

PSS B772LR - 'Twitchy' nosewheel

Guest franksalot

I'm finding that the nosewheel on my T7 is over sensitive, both on the landing rollout and taxi; even slight movement of the joystick will cause the nosewheel to flick at right angle, slightest pressure to correct this only causes the nosewheel to flick over 90 degrees? I'm using the Saitek X52 joystick and have tried decreasing sensitivities and null zone.I would appreciate any help?Ken

Guest Hunt3r

Sounds as if you don't have your joystick calibrated, at any case, increase the null zone and decrease sensitivity.

Guest franksalot

Thanks for your reply. I'll give that a try.Ken

Guest franksalot

Hi Hunt3r, no it didn't do the job, it did delay the movement of the nosewheel; but then it just 'flicked' over at right angle again.. Back to the drawing board I fear.Ken

Ken,I use the X52 without problems. Things to try:1. How is the nosewheel if you disconnect the X52 and use the keyboard?2. Uninstall and reinstall the X52.3. Try a FS9.cfg rebuild.John Rooum

Guest franksalot

Thanks John, I'll try all 3, I don't really fancy using the keyboard again, too much like FS95 again :) Though I know you mean 'try it' and see.Ken

Guest franksalot

Hello John, I tried all 3 items that you suggested but only got a marginal improvement. Strange thing is, the Default Cessna 172 and B737 nosewheel behave perfectly, so it might not be an X52 issue? I cannot find any actual references to nosewheels in any of the aircraft.cfg files - it's all a mystery to me.Just occurred to me that I did not try the default B777, forgot about it, will try it later today.Ken

Guest franksalot

John, I've tried the Fs9 default B777, the nosewheel behaviour is slightly better than my B772LR, but not much? Weird, not sure where we are now :)Ken

Ken,Neither am I.Not sure from your earlier post - Did you get the twitchy nosewheel on the default 737 or 777 using the keyboard with the X52 disconnected?How about FSUIPC - try the default aircraft without FSUIPC activated.John R

Guest franksalot

Hi John, Sorry for the delay in replying.I was not able to follow up your last suggestions re the 'twitchy' nose wheel. Reason being that I have had more serious problems.For some reason the Elevator stopped working causing the T7 to lift off at about 85 kts - then point it's nose at the sky - then flipping over and into the ground? I've been trying to find out the reason for several days. In the end I completely uninstalled the aircraft - then re-installed from My Files. Then I returned all FSUIPC Joystick references to Default. Started Fs9/Default Cessna situation/moved to my Home airport. Then started a flight, after checking the FCTL page to ensure the elevator was functioning correctly - it was. The flight was perfect! I still don't know what went wrong with the elevator. Here's the very odd happening - my T7 nosewheel is no longer 'twitchy', again it's perfect. Only possible explanation is that PSS 'may' have been tweaking recently?Thanks for your help; you and the rest of the Team are doing a great job IMHO.Ken

Ken,Glad its sorted - sounds like the first installation was corrupt or there was an FSUIPC conflict.John R

Guest franksalot

Hi John, my 'money' is on FSUIPC. :)Ken

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.