Sign in to follow this  
Guest jlpilot81

PSS 777-200LR Auto Pilot

Guest jlpilot81

Hi,I've searched through the forums and my apologies if it's already been brought up and I can't find it. The problem I'm having is not a huge one but a bit annoying. While using the auto pilot in HDG mode, when ever I set a heading, it always seems to roll though the heading then back again. This happens everytime and it is the only aircraft that is doing it.I've checked the PSS website for a patch but only the FS2002 patch comes up. Anyone have any ideas what might be happening? Thanks,Jermaine.

Guest Phoenix5

Hi,The website will always have the latest version available, when patches/updates are released we build a new installer from the ground up. We find there is less risk of something going wrong with the installation this way.As to the autopilot issue, the only time I have seen this is when I have tried to capture an ILS from a tight angle, but it has settled down very quickly. How far past the intended heading is the aircraft turning?

Guest jlpilot81

Hi,Thanks for the quick reply, It goes about 5 degrees left or right of the heading you've set before turning back. It just looks as if it's rolling out too late.Thanks again,Jermaine...

Jermaine,This was looked at in detail in the early days and some work was done on AP coefficients. As you said it only applies in hdg mode.What's your configuration when you see this problem? I find that in the pattern below 190 kts or so, the roll out is a bit slow and results in an overshoot of 3 - 5 degrees. By 240 kts, the roll out rate seems ok and the aircraft rolls out on hdg.John Rooum

Guest jlpilot81

Hi John,Yea you're right, it happens around 190kts. I was doing about 160 kts with 10 degrees of flaps. Is there any fix for this?Thanks, Jermaine.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.