Sign in to follow this  
Aviator81

777-200LRF Payload Error

Hello,In the interest of saving a little time and making sure I have the correct info posted, I'm copying some text from a post I made on the Just Flight forums a couple of days ago...[begin Post]I've recently started flying cargo routes with the 777 and I've come across an interesting problem with the LRF model. The fuel planner will only allow a maximum zero fuel weight of 461,000lbs (despite the fact that the actual plane has a max ZFW of around 547,000lbs), while the load editor puts the ZFW at nearly 585,000lbs with a full load of cargo (while pointing out that the max ZFW is 461,000lbs). So to begin with, you cannot actually fill the plane in the load editor because you go almost 124,000lbs over the max ZFW. And if you do fill it, you cannot calculate the fuel required for that flight anyway because the fuel planner will default back to 461,000lbs ZFW if you put in anything over this. Secondly, I've done a little research and found that the max revenue payload (i.e. not including fuel, crew, food... etc.) is 229,000lbs, but based on the empty weight and max zero fuel weight of the 777-200LRF here there is a useful payload of about 140k lbs... about a 90k lbs difference.Now, I know all of this sounds like nitpicking, and to be honest, I can't find any other posts about it anywhere, so I might just be missing something, but I would like to be able to load my LRF to its max load and properly plan a flight rather than guessing at fuel and payload numbers. So I'm wondering if there is any way to change the numbers... both for the max ZFW and for the fuel planner so that you could actually plan such a flight?[End Post]So, since there was actually no response over there except the suggestion that I bring my question here, I really hope someone can help me out on this issue.Thanks,Greg

Guest Phoenix5

Hi,The person that wrote the code for the B777 utility files no longer works for PSS. I will how ever pass this inforamtion back to the development team and ask them to test the utility to see if it can be replicated, and if so if a fix can be found.

Steven,Thank you for your efforts in passing this along. From my own understanding of programming, and an educated guess at the way the utilities handle the weight calculations, I think that it might be as simple as changing just a few reference values within the utilities themselves. That being said, I don't know what really goes on in those programs, so I would understand if it turns out to be too difficult to make an easy change.Thanks again,Greg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.