Sign in to follow this  
Guest pssplaya

PSS 757 & 777 EFIS letters missing

I got a new comp. with Windows Vista yesterday and installed my 757 and 777 on it today and found that when the aircraft load they load everything except for the letters on anything digital such as the setup display. FS is running perfect with all settings high, anyone have any ideas?Thanks a whole heap-D

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

-DYou are missing two fonts required by these PSS Aircraft. I do not have Vista but do a search for this post "777 Missing font files" which should point you in the right direction.Please post back if you cannot find the solution.John R

I am having this same problem with both planes but I am running XP and have run Both installers again.. yet nothing.. you think rerunning the installer would fix this.

Mike,Try the following from a draft FAQ:The installer installs two unique fonts [baloo.ttf and IRS_____.ttf] into windows and, occasionally, these fonts can be missing or corrupted after an uninstall/re-install. 5.1.1 Select Control Panel - Fonts to check whether these fonts are present. If they are not there, re-install the aircraft.5.1.2 If the fonts are present, double click on both to try and re-install them.5.1.3 If this fails: Copy the fonts to a temporary folder. Delete them from the fonts folder Restart Use control panel to re-install the two named fonts into the fonts folder. Start 757These have all worked in the past.John R