Sign in to follow this  
Guest YukonPete

The Boeing 757 will be made compatible with FSX in the near future

Guest YukonPete

Well that was posted almost 1 year ago! Sure is not what I would call the near future! I've said nothing and waited patiently since Oct 06. Now my patients are wearing thin. I would never have purchased the 757 knowing that 1 year down the track we are still waiting for the FSX update!

Hi Pete, we are all waiting for a number of products to become FSX compatible, with work being done on SP2 for FSX, PSS and other developers are doing there best to convert programs to FSX and hopefully with the arrival of SP2 for FSX more products will be made compatible. I know Steven has been working on this with the beta team but like most of the other FS developers the changes that have occured with the development of FSX in the past 12 months that hasn't made things easy. Phil blog is worth reading and hopefully that will see the release of our favourite products FSX in the near future http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylorBlue skies Steve www.airbusa300sim.co.uk

Guest caser

Hi:I am still waiting for a fix to make the 777 fly right and it's been almost two years. Maybe give up and forget about it......Rick

Hi Rick,Looking for what your problem was with the 777, I could not find any caser posts earlier than this page.The limitations and fixes where available of the 777 are well documented here - in your case, if it does not fly right for you, perhaps we can help?John Rooum

Guest caser

John:I posted a long long time ago and there were others posted with the same problems. The FMC does not work properly i.e. doesn't update the TOD when you change waypoints or restrictions and the backlighting on the panel is not complete. Sometimes you have to exit and go back in to get it to change pages/functions. We were promised a fix a long time ago and I have been patiently waiting. No rudeness from me. I really like the 777 and want to fly this thing but at the present time it doesn't work as well as it should. Hopefully whenever the patch arrives it will correct all this. Thanks for the response.RickAvsim Library Manager

Rick,From earlier posts, it appears that PSS will not patch the 777 before the FSX update {and it seems that none of the developers are finding this easy}. I agree that the sticking CDU could be very irritating. It was not easy to reproduce but I thought it had been resolved in the latest release. I do not recall ever seeing the TD problem, although I have done very many VNAV descents with profile changes when looking at other issues, so I'll have a look at both when I get back at the weekend.RegardsJohn R

Rick,As promised I have had a look via two flights:1. Internal UK positioning, 11/2 hr with a cruise at FL2602. BMX-DXB, 7 hr with a final cruise at FL390On both when approx 50 nm to TD, I input additional WP after TD to extend the route, I deleted WP to reduce the route, and I input height restrictions at WP in the descent which should affect the TD point. In every case when I selected

Guest caser

John:The TOD has never worked right on any flight. It has never changed for me not once. And the sticking problem has just recently gotten worse.RegardsRick

Guest caser

John:The reason you couldn't find earlier posts from caser is because it is a new user I.D. I now work for Avsim and my old I.D. would not work.RegardsRick

Rick,Thanks - I spent some time this am looking through the old posts in the months after the first release but could not find anything on this particular TOD problem.So I dug out the first 777 gau file of Nov 05 {I had downloaded it to a CD as I wasn't on BB then} and I have just flown it. Again the TD was moving correctly with changes to height restriction or the insertion of new wp.Crazy! But I guess we all know that this is how computers can be. Unless I am not reproducing your procedure exactly?RegardsJohn

Guest caser

John:My gauge is PSS-B777.gau - 64,476 - dated 8/31/2006. Is this the most updated?RegardsRick

Rick,Affirm - mine is 8/31/06 size 66.023.424.John

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.