Sign in to follow this  
Guest BAW0439

777 FS9

Guest BAW0439

I recently (September) purchased direct from PSS.Do I need sp1 & sp2 that are available from JustFlight?Thanks in advance

Guest franksalot

Hi, first thing you'll get asked is give your name, if you're lucky enough to get an answer :)If you purchased your B777 directly from PSS, then you don't need updates from Just Flight. If you have a problem use the PSS Installer to re-install.There a few helpful T7 pilots that use this Forum, if you have a problem, Post it here.KenBAW0088

Ken,"Hi, first thing you'll get asked is give your name, if you're lucky enough to get an answer".Unnecessary sarcasm

Guest franksalot

Hi John, yes, you're right, that was 'out of order', my apologies.Ken

Ken,Not necessary - I guess that we all have to be a bit patient at the moment. All the developers seem to be seeing this problem - FS9 - FSX - Win XP - Vista - SP1/2/3 and all combinations thereof. And then imagine the testing programme for all these combinations!RegardsJohn

Guest BAW0439

Reason I asked was I am not overly impressed and beginning to think it was a wasted 50 quid for the base pack and the repaints...... despite re-installing twice.The annoying sounds of a parrot being stood on when the aircraft is loading. The lack of call outs. The very poor VNAV control mode when descending and the hit and miss of loading saved flights to name a few.Compared to the PMDG and Level D aircraft for which I have no, repeat no problems whatsoever after hundreds of hours of online flight this 777 comes a very poor last. I'm also not impressed with some of the disparaging comments on this forum with regard to PSS either.Still, we live and learn.Norman (just for Ken)

Norman,Fortunately, PSS are somewhat less thin-skinned than some of their competitors. Otherwise your first post would have been automatically deleted as I suspect would have been this last one {see PMDG forum guidelines}. Also appreciate your comment on the cost of the package - but that's a PSS business decision. {again see PMDG forum guidelines}. Also I suspect that this is why some of the disparaging comments you highlight remain on the forum. At least this allows potential customers to see the product "warts and all" and make their own decision before purchase.As to your individual comments - if I recall, the "parrot" calls twice during C&D loading and once during normal loading. Irritating - yes - but this is only a computer programme initialising itself - then its ready for use. The lack of co-pilot calls has been discussed many times here which I am sure you have seen. Finally, if you need help with the other items I have no doubt that PSS or others on the forum would be happy to help if asked.Stay with it and happy landingsJohn Rooum

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.