Sign in to follow this  
Nigge

757 without any lights!

I have just installed PSS 757 , but when i start up no exteriorlights work,not landing lighs, no strobes, no positionlights nothing...All i have is the Atlas livery what can be wrong?(I have turned on my lights on the overhead panel... and i have no error messages on my primary flight display)

Niklas Eriksson

Check that you are loading the aircraft correctly - see the sticky above and my reply to the next post.And please sign your names so we know who we are talking to in future.John Rooum

Niklas,I have just installed this ATLAS texture - texture.rr_he_kkk_tc-oga_2003.zip - and have all the lights ok.Do please check your default flight again - the only way I can reproduce the fault is if I load with the default flight avionics switch off.John R

>Niklas,>>I have just installed this ATLAS texture ->texture.rr_he_kkk_tc-oga_2003.zip - and have all the lights>ok.>>Do please check your default flight again - the only way I can>reproduce the fault is if I load with the default flight>avionics switch off.>>John RHi John, and thanks again for your helpfull answers,I can write down the procedures i do from cold and dark(as i remember them)... first o turn on the batt, turn the power switch to AUTO, then the fuel pumps, then i turn the apu switch to start and wait for tha apu to spool up, the turn on the apu generator switch. and then i switch the nav nobs to allign, and then after a while back to nav...Then i turn on my exterior lights, but nothing works, even when i have both engines up and running and are taxiing nothing happens neither when i press L on my keybord(turns all lights on) or when i press the switches in my overheadpanel...HOW do you do to reproduce the errors(and im sorry i use the PHOENIX paint not tha ATLAS... my bad..)

Niklas Eriksson

Niklas,The livery does not matter - I only use Phoenix for testing.Your switch procedure should work so please look again at the default flight:1. Start FS9 to the "Create a Flight" Page - you should see the Cessna 172 and Seattle-Tacoma as the location.2. Select "Fly Now" and let the simulator load.3. You should have the Cessna sitting on the runway at Seattle with engine running and the two red master switches both on. If not start the engine and switch the master switches on4. Now change to the PSS 757 and try again.I'll be back on line in an hour so please let me know how you get on.Good LuckJohn

Ok ill try that, but shouldnt it be possible to run the 757 from Cold and dark in the setup menu?Im at work for about 6 more hours so ill get back to you as soon as i got home to try again,but again i would like to run it from cold and dark, =)

Niklas Eriksson

Niklas,As long as you have Cold & Dark set in the set up menu, the 757 will load cold & dark BUT you must have intially loaded FS9 to the FS9 default flight.This initialises the sim correctly and the PSS will then load cold & dark {or to whatever state you have in the set up menu}.As with other complex add-ons, PSS require FS9 to be initialised at the default flight prior to loading the PSS programme.Try it this way - it tedious but once you get going, I can explain how to go straight to the PSS aircraft.I'll be on line this evening.John

Hi there John! and many thanks to you,when i started my default flight first it worked correctly...but now i have another problem...=)When i open my panels they keep on popping up BEHIND my main panel so they are impossible to see...any idea how to solve this?(and i cant find my loadmanager or fuelplanner?! arent they supposed to be in my pss folder?)/Thanks again for all your help/Niklas

Niklas Eriksson

Niklas,Load Edit and Fuel Planner should be in the folder FS9/PSS/757. If they are not there I suggest you do a re-install from the PSS web site. V easy and only takes a few minutes.The panel problem is very likely caused because you are still not using the correct default flight.Please go here:http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk/defaul...displayfaq&id=8and follow the instructions.Again let me know how you get on as there is an alternative method.Good Luck - we will get you there!John

Hi again John!Thank you for taking your time,my FS9/PSS/BOEING 757/ folder has got just 11 files and of them 5 are pdf files... and no executable files at all...Ill try to reinsstall and hope for the best!!and regarding the "panel/windowing" it seemed to work itself out fine as i restarted FS9...now everything works fine, lights and all... as long as i start the defaultflight just as you told me./Niklas

Niklas Eriksson

Niklas,We are getting there.The PSS/757 folder should have 13 files {I have a new download as a check} so do a re-install to get the load editor and fuel planner.John

Okey! that explains the problem=) Ill try to redownload and hope it works!Lots of thank you

Niklas Eriksson

Guest Mike Phyrio

Keep this going, I'm learning a few things and I'm dying to find out how to go directly to the PSS. I have a few questions of my own as well.Mike

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.